Forums

This topic is locked

X-post Template is nested inside itself?

Posted 18 Feb 2005 17:38:02
has voted
18 Feb 2005 17:38:02 Cori WBassett posted:
I have Windows 2000 and am using Dreamweaver MX. I was trying to update an image in a template. We got a new logo that folks wanted to put on our site.

In trying to put in this new logo I somehow managed to make my template nested inside itself. I don't actually know how I did it and consequently don't know how to undo it.

When I click on the image in the template gives me the circle with a line drawn through it and I can't click on the image.

When I went to update all the pages that use this template I get message that says "the file" ( my template) is nested inside itself (directly otr indirectly). That message comes up for each page it trys to update. The update pages report at the end says 107 fiels examined, 0 updated and 3 which could not be updated and it says that \template\councilcolors.htm -- not updated error in template or instance file.

How the heck do I get out of this mess? All I wanted to do wsa swap out one image file from another in a template and upate all the templates. It seemed easy .......... until now.

L2T

Replies

Replied 18 Feb 2005 21:16:03
18 Feb 2005 21:16:03 Chris Charlton replied:
Just for reference, is the image enclosed in an <i>Editable Region</i>?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic