Forums

This topic is locked

Template locking again...

Posted 22 Mar 2005 04:50:01
has voted
22 Mar 2005 04:50:01 chris caspell posted:
It seems that the error "making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator" is a common problem but does DWMX treat PHP SSIs as templates? The reason I say this is:

1. I have a PHP file that includes a menu with all items absolutely placed using DIV etc.
2. I include the header file in another PHP page thus: <?php require_once('header.php'); ?>
3. This works well and the header appears in DWMX design view as well as on the published page (a nice touch).
4. When I try to insert a new layer in design view of a page that has the header included (say index.php), I get the error that it is locked.
5. I can type in a new DIV in code view and place it where I want then move it around in design view.
6. I have checked both the header page and the index.php page for signs of DWMX template code and can't find any. I have even tried to "detach from Template" but that is greyed out - there is no template!

I am really stuck here and would love to hear of anyone with any thoughts on the above. Thanks in advance.

Replies

Replied 22 Mar 2005 20:07:25
22 Mar 2005 20:07:25 Chris Charlton replied:
For reference, DW MX, the latest (patched v6.1)?

And there is no Template markup/code anywhere on the page, correct?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>
Replied 22 Mar 2005 20:30:36
22 Mar 2005 20:30:36 chris caspell replied:
Latest Patch? It is version 7.0.1 (Studio MX version of DWMX), I assume that v6.1 is the DWMX stand alone version. v.7.0.1 appears to be the latest according to Macromedia site as at March 11, 2004. www.macromedia.com/downloads/updates/

No there is no Template mark-up as far as I can see on either file. I have tripple checked, but if there is a sure fire way of making sure there isn't any code I have missed I would appreciate you telling me how. Of course I have done the usual "detach from Template" as I mentioned below. The pages are les than 100 lines each so it isn't difficult to search through by hand.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to this topic