Forums

This topic is locked

Flash video with Dreamweaver extention

Posted 12 Apr 2005 15:35:02
has voted
12 Apr 2005 15:35:02 Michael Soden posted:
There are several video clips 30 - 45 seconds each that need to be inserted into a site i am developing. I have purchsed the Macromedia Video Kit to assist in this process. In the testing process I am have gotten the demo flv that macromedia offers to work on my hosting server; however when I upload to the clients server all the browsers show a white screen. Looking at the source code all the code is correct. Here are the links to my test pages.

www.msdesignsllc.com/index10.htm
temp2.aquesthosting.com/aristalabscom/index10.htm

The same issue occurs when I try one of the flv files that I created. In this case I cannot get them to work on either server or locally. An interesting work around is for me to create a fla file and save it as a swf. The local will work just not remotely.

Whatever help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

MS

Michael L. Soden

Replies

Replied 12 Apr 2005 20:25:29
12 Apr 2005 20:25:29 Dave Thomas replied:
top link works ok for me.

can u make a small .fla with a couple of video clips in and upload it for us to look at.

i'm not familiar with the flash video kit, i'm using flash mx pro 2004 which has flv support, so i'm hoping i can see what's wrong just using that.

regards

Dave Thomas
<b>DMX Zone Manager</b>

edit: just read up on the video kit, and it's for importing .flv straight into dreamweaver is that correct?

have you tried creating the .flv and playing it thru an .swf?
Replied 24 Feb 2009 07:52:14
24 Feb 2009 07:52:14 Shirley Lee replied:
Flash video should be exported to a SWF, directely embedding FLV to a web page is impossible.
Macromedia Video Kit is expensive and makes me confused.
You can use Moyea web player Pro, it is a flash video player maker, quick and easy solution to this problem. Moreover, it is easy to use.

Edited by - Shirley Lee on 24 Feb 2009  07:55:17

Reply to this topic