Forums

This topic is locked

Can this be done with Javascript?

Posted 15 Apr 2005 20:06:44
has voted
15 Apr 2005 20:06:44 Anthony Garcia posted:
I am of need of assistance with a spa and salon wishlist application. I am not sure if my end objective can be achieved with Javascript or even at all, but insight would be much appreciated.

Objective:
This website is a salon and spa that needs the ability to have customers add services to a wishlist as they are browsing the website. What I need the application to do is have a shopping cart type application that their selections are stored in as they're browsing. The difference is, I need the shopping cart application to be a form that their selections are stored in as text fields that can be viewed like a shopping cart function. I do not need the entire functionality of a shopping cart, just a prepopulated form that can be recalled from a view wish list link. The reason I need a form for the shopping cart function is because when they submit the form it is then sent to an advanced email marketing application that takes the entries in the text fields and other form fields and customizes an email for the recipient of the wish list. I have all of the email marketing applications taken care of, I just need the form to be prepopulated with their selections.

What would need to be done programming wise to achieve this?

Thank You For Your Feedback! <b></b><b></b>

Replies

Replied 19 Apr 2005 15:32:56
19 Apr 2005 15:32:56 Dave Thomas replied:
what you've mentioned should really be done using a server side language, ASP or PHP, with a small database for the wishlist.

this wil allow you to populate the form fields with their info and send it to an email script.

regards

Dave Thomas
<b>DMX Zone Manager</b>

Reply to this topic