Forums

CSS

This topic is locked

specific design imp

Posted 20 Apr 2005 05:48:54
has voted
20 Apr 2005 05:48:54 Sarah Gjosund posted:
I am embarking on builcing my first site all with CSS and I decided it should be mine! The design is at the following link
www.madmollymarketing.com/mmw.htm
and will be a resizing 3 column layout... The nav will have drop downs but they will run under the buttons horizontally intead of vertically...

I went through the 3 column layout tutorial and still feel a bit lost, is this design possible with CSS?

Thanks in advance

Replies

Replied 20 Apr 2005 15:11:36
20 Apr 2005 15:11:36 Matt Bailey replied:
I don't see why not. It looks fairly straight forward to me. However, there isn't a short or simple way of telling you how to go about doing it. There really can't be any substitution for a bit of experimentation and trial and error, so you're going about it the right way by reading the tutorials on this site.

Here's a site which has a number of different CSS page layout examples: glish.com/css/. Another site that's great for CSS tutorials is www.alistapart.com/, but you also can't beat a bit of 'googling', a web designers best friend (do a search for 'css holy grail')!

Keep going and don't loose heart, you will start to understand how it all works the more you do it.

Reply to this topic