This topic is locked

msxml3.dll error '80072efd'

Posted 19 May 2005 19:52:28
has voted
19 May 2005 19:52:28 Les Crowley posted:
Error message I'm getting

A connection with the server could not be established

D:\WEBSITES\TASLEATHER\ADMIN_TAS\PRODUCTS\../../ScriptLibrary/incResizeAddOn.asp, line 361

The image uploads correctly but the thumbnail is not created nor is the record created or updated.

ASP VB Script
Server is Windows 2003 Standard Server
PureASP Upload (asp)
Smart Image Processor (asp)

I've tried looking for an answer to this but can't find one.

Help would be much appreciated.

LC

Replies

Replied 09 Jun 2005 06:38:53
09 Jun 2005 06:38:53 Les Crowley replied:
Ya know... I understand that this may be a bug from MS - but the bug is activated due to multiple - at the same time - requests being sent to the server. Which Smart Image Processor does.

Considering that your company sold me the extension, it would be nice - in a SUPPORT kind of way to actually hear that there's a workaround being developed or at least some level of 'official' acknowledgement about the problem.

Replied 19 Sep 2005 15:25:38
19 Sep 2005 15:25:38 Mark Steven replied:
I have the exact same problem after my ISP 'upgraded' my web space. Has anyone found a solution yet? My ISP doesn't know how to fix it.
Replied 21 Aug 2006 19:01:46
21 Aug 2006 19:01:46 David Stoltz replied:
I have the same problem now...

This again shows the lack of support.

MMCP
Replied 05 Nov 2006 00:52:53
05 Nov 2006 00:52:53 Philippe WAUMAN replied:
Same issue - no response - seems not to be a problem in the script but in server setup - name resolving. I tried the script on 2 different servers - one went smooth, all perfect, the other went bad, same issue.

Exploring the issue i discover this: the IIS should be able to view the target website in local. In other word: the browser based on the IIS machine should be able to view your website if you type the url (www.domaine.com). Otherwise, the scripts doesn't work. I don't have yet idea how to fix this.

Replied 21 Nov 2006 17:18:09
21 Nov 2006 17:18:09 tom burrow replied:
i am experiencing the same problem now. does anyone know of a solution?
Replied 21 Nov 2006 17:23:06
21 Nov 2006 17:23:06 David Stoltz replied:
I did fix this - I don't remember the details - but I know our network admin had to do something to the firewall to allow our server in the DMZ to do some kind of DNS lookup...

SUPPORT should really post the details of this one...

MMCP
Replied 20 Jul 2007 00:28:32
20 Jul 2007 00:28:32 A. Hos replied:
FIX (worked for me):
Reiterating what Philippe posted on 5 Nov 2006, see if you can get to the website you're working on ON THE SERVER ITSELF. In other words, visit www.xyz.com from the server console. Try visiting other sites as well (cnn.com, google.com, etc.). If only www.xyz.com doesn't load, this solution may be your fix. If it does load, this may not help.

SOLUTION:
Network Adapter > Properties > TCP/IP > DNS Server Addresses

Add proper DNS server addresses on the server. In my situation, it turns out that the DNS servers listed were incorrect. I had other, working, servers to compare them to [hopefully you do as well], so those settings helped me figure this out. I updated the Preferred DNS and Alternate DNS, then made some adjustments to the other DNS addresses under Advanced > DNS (making sure everything matched one for one w/the working servers).

Then, to test, I tried loading www.xyz.com. It loaded w/o a problem. Then I went back to my desktop and tested the script again. Worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps someone.
Replied 28 Sep 2007 12:29:59
28 Sep 2007 12:29:59 Mark Steven replied:
I have the same error on another website now:

A connection with the server could not be established
D:\GHS\SITES\******.CO.UK\ADMIN\../ScriptLibrary/incResizeAddOn.asp, line 370

This seems to be such a common problem that a patch, fix or at the very least some advice from DMX would seem appropriate.

Please?

Replied 28 Sep 2007 14:39:53
28 Sep 2007 14:39:53 David Stoltz replied:
Mark,

Read the above posts - it's actually a DNS problem on your server - the DMXzone components rely on proper DNS resolution (Not sure why) - but if you make sure you have the proper DNS entered on your server, the problem should be fixed.

MMCP
Replied 15 Oct 2007 11:33:13
15 Oct 2007 11:33:13 Mark Steven replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Mark,

Read the above posts - it's actually a DNS problem on your server - the DMXzone components rely on proper DNS resolution (Not sure why) - but if you make sure you have the proper DNS entered on your server, the problem should be fixed.

MMCP
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I finally sorted my issue out by moving web hosts. I had referred them to the solution in this thread, but they insisted that in their case, this couldn't be the problem. So after much toing and froing we dumped the host and uploaded the site to a new hosting account with a decent hosting company. It worked first time.

Reply to this topic