Forums

CSS

This topic is locked

getting UL/LI CSS nav to the left

Posted 17 Jun 2005 15:13:36
has voted
17 Jun 2005 15:13:36 Maria Angeloni posted:
I am using the List-o-Rama to get me started with CSS nav - which uses UL/LI -- however this makes the whole navigation indent in, a gap which I want to get rid of. Without using layers, how can I get my UL/LI, or whole container, to left align? I have tried various options and nothing seems to work.

Much appreciated,
~M~

Replies

Replied 23 Apr 2008 06:09:44
23 Apr 2008 06:09:44 Stephanie M replied:
I know this is an old thread, but no one posted a solution and I'm still having this same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Replied 23 Apr 2008 13:21:49
23 Apr 2008 13:21:49 Alan C replied:
Hi
I'm not familiar with list-o-rama, but if did use something off the site that inspired it, at the time I found it was a bit 'buggy' and the css had to be adjusted.

A way to tackle this would be to get the developers' toolbar in firefox, then you can edit the css interactively and see what happens to the layout, then when you get it how you like it, save the css to your local machine and upload it to your site.

If you happen to be on a mac, check out cssedit which does an even better job
Replied 25 Apr 2008 23:44:53
25 Apr 2008 23:44:53 student 101 replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am using the List-o-Rama to get me started with CSS nav - which uses UL/LI -- however this makes the whole navigation indent in, a gap which I want to get rid of. Without using layers, how can I get my UL/LI, or whole container, to left align? I have tried various options and nothing seems to work.

Much appreciated,
~M~
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Post your code.

Cheers

[DWMX 2004]|[DWMX 8]|[DW CS3]|[MySQL]|[SQL]|[Access ]|[ASP/VBScript]|[PHP]|[XP-Pro]

Reply to this topic