Forums

This topic is locked

SQL Server with GoDaddy and Dreamweaver

Posted 08 Dec 2005 23:25:29
has voted
08 Dec 2005 23:25:29 James Wills posted:
Ok, I have recently through GoDaddy.com set up an SQL DB. The problem I have with DW is that I can not connect to it. I have the DSN name and the user ID & pwd but no luck. Now I am using ASP vbscript although I could use ASP.Net. When I select connection it always comes back with this error.

'Data Source name not found and no default driver speciifed'

I have the testing server setup to FTP since I want to connect to their DB through this. How am I suppose to get this to work?

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there another way to connect to the DB with Dreamweaver?

Replies

Replied 28 Jan 2006 03:14:41
28 Jan 2006 03:14:41 John Caras replied:
I have the same problem. If you would forward your solution to me <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Ok, I have recently through GoDaddy.com set up an SQL DB. The problem I have with DW is that I can not connect to it. I have the DSN name and the user ID & pwd but no luck. Now I am using ASP vbscript although I could use ASP.Net. When I select connection it always comes back with this error.

'Data Source name not found and no default driver speciifed'

I have the testing server setup to FTP since I want to connect to their DB through this. How am I suppose to get this to work?

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there another way to connect to the DB with Dreamweaver?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 06 Feb 2006 23:11:34
06 Feb 2006 23:11:34 sean jones replied:
Godaddy says there is no fix for this problem, if someone figures out a way around it that would be great

Reply to this topic