Forums

This topic is locked

Drop down menu

Posted 21 Dec 2005 03:07:50
has voted
21 Dec 2005 03:07:50 michael mason posted:
Hey guys im new around here im a college arts student in Perth Australia and i am putting a portfolio website together and all i need is a simple drop down menu this has been the story of my life i really need help please as long as its a drop down menu which i can change the color and put links to link to my other website pages

thanks for your time

MIchael

Replies

Replied 21 Dec 2005 16:22:45
21 Dec 2005 16:22:45 Russell Steedman replied:
you can do it if you have DW MX. You need to create a navigation bar as normal and then go into Behaviours - In here you can use a behaviour called 'Show Pop Up Menu'. Select your link and attach the behaviour then make the EVENT 'onmouseover' - then when people roll over the pop up will appear. You also need to add 'onclick' so they can go to the url/link

russellS
Replied 08 Jan 2006 08:23:35
08 Jan 2006 08:23:35 Scott Agnew replied:
another way, not quite a dropdown (which drops down on rollover) but a pulldown (that the user does have to click and hold on to see the menu) is to use a forms object - in MX2004, choose "forms" on the toolbar- the little one that is usually at the top of your screen- and drag a "list/menu" into your document. (Or just go to Insert/Form/List/Menu)- from there, click on the resulting menu (which will be dinky) and, in the property inspector, click on "list values". In the resulting dialog, you can enter URLs on the right, and what you want the menu to say on the left. Give the menu a name by putting that in the first field on the left, with no URL on the right. You have to Preview in Browser to see it- within Dreamweaver it will still appear blank.

Thi is much easier than the above makes it sound- really pretty intuitive once you try it.

Reply to this topic