Forums

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver 8 won't start

Posted 21 Dec 2005 18:19:41
has voted
21 Dec 2005 18:19:41 Ranjan Sengupta posted:
I am a new user to DW, starting about 8 months ago with DW MX. I found that I really enjoyed, to the extent that it is one of the very few reasons that I am still using windows - all my other work (and play) is done on a linux box.

I was presented DW8 for my birthday and installed it right-away and double clicked it to start it up. Nothing. Again a double click, again nothing. I tried starting DW MX, no problem, it came up, ready to work. I deinstalled DW8 and DW MX then re-installed just DW8 and then 2xclick to start it.

Nothing. Well not quite. I do get the splash screen with Dreamweaver 8 in bold letters then it vanishes. I am not sure what is going on here. I then had to re-install my XP machine, it was just too messy. Then did a fresh installation of DW 8. Same problem. It won't start.

Am I missing something here?? Do I need XP SP2 installed (I haven't gotten round to updating XP to that yet).

Any help would be appreciated.

Success is the best form of revenge.

Replies

Replied 22 Mar 2006 14:47:45
22 Mar 2006 14:47:45 M Ben replied:
I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution? I haven't been able to locate a solution on the web.

Thanks
Replied 02 May 2006 19:53:51
02 May 2006 19:53:51 scott walls replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution? I haven't been able to locate a solution on the web.

Thanks
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Take a look here:
www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=a3f38dcf#wont_start

It solved my problem!
Replied 08 Nov 2007 22:52:35
08 Nov 2007 22:52:35 Peggy Wimberly replied:
I followed the steps here:
kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=a3f38dcf&sliceId=2#wont_start

It worked for me too...but the only thing is...it lost all my site information, now I have to reprogram all my site information, which is a pain in the b*** because I have about 40 websites!!!!<font size=5></font id=size5><font color=purple></font id=purple>
Replied 14 Apr 2008 04:08:34
14 Apr 2008 04:08:34 Peter Van replied:
Here it is!
strangest error ever!
mikepadgett.titude.co.uk/blog/template_permalink.asp?id=292

After 3 cycles of reinstalling
editing the registry and countless other desperate attempts I found this on page 9! of google search results!
Worked for me, didn't loose any data.
Replied 25 Jun 2008 13:11:36
25 Jun 2008 13:11:36 paudie o connor replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I followed the steps here:
kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=a3f38dcf&sliceId=2#wont_start

It worked for me too...but the only thing is...it lost all my site information, now I have to reprogram all my site information, which is a pain in the b*** because I have about 40 websites!!!!<font size=5></font id=size5><font color=purple></font id=purple>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

thanks a mill guys, sorted me out. appreciate it.
Replied 11 Oct 2008 10:39:03
11 Oct 2008 10:39:03 Josh Howard replied:
Okay i have got a solution guys!

I have been looking into this for months and months... I kept on looking for other versions of dreamweaver and possible missing files.
It turned out nothing was wrong with it and none of the other versions seemed to work either.

It is all to do with Your computer. Now when i was just messing arround yesturday whilst waiting for my router to load i came accross some error list (forgot how to get there) i scrolled down to dreamweaver and copied an paste the error file.

I came accross that it was for Acer users like me. What happened is it is to do with Acer eSecurity (i cant remember the name cos i uninstalled it =P) anywayz,
all you have to do is simple uninstall Acer eManagement . You CANT uninstall the other stuff but once you have uninstalled Emanagement it all goes.

I hope i helped!

Josh!

Replied 14 Oct 2008 22:05:31
14 Oct 2008 22:05:31 Michael Loyst replied:

I have been looking into this for months and months... I kept on looking for other versions of dreamweaver and possible missing files.
It turned out nothing was wrong with it and none of the other versions seemed to work either.

It is all to do with Your computer. Now when i was just messing arround yesturday whilst waiting for my router to load i came accross some error list (forgot how to get there) i scrolled down to dreamweaver and copied an paste the error file.

I came accross that it was for Acer users like me. What happened is it is to do with Acer eSecurity (i cant remember the name cos i uninstalled it =P) anywayz,
all you have to do is simple uninstall Acer eManagement . You CANT uninstall the other stuff but once you have uninstalled Emanagement it all goes.

I hope i helped!

Josh!

Josh, i could kiss you right now. I had a hunch this was an acer related problems. I installed every version of dreamweaver from MX to the CS4 beta, NONE WORKED! this fixed all my problems! I cant thank you enough!

Mike
Replied 23 Dec 2008 00:17:52
23 Dec 2008 00:17:52 sadiq hassan replied:
JOSH, Thanks alot man.....i tired everything before i got this n it worked wonders.... cant really say how much i really appreciate...but thanks again...

I hope i helped!

Josh!

Replied 10 Jan 2009 02:57:15
10 Jan 2009 02:57:15 Glen H replied:

I hope i helped!

Josh!

I know this was an old post but I had to add that
Acer eData Security Management was the problem on my computer too.
I had been searching and pulling hairs for the past 2 days.

Then I came across this post.
I then realized that I was doing this on an ACER Aspire with a Quad Core running Windows Vista Premium. I thought let me try and remove that Acer eData Security Management software at your suggestion.
Sure enough Dreamweaver 8 started up no problem afterward.

I was starting to really hate VISTA.
But then again I have to wonder why Dreamweaver 8 loaded and runs fine on my Acer Laptop running the Acer eData Security Management tool as well.
Ahh well.

Many Thanks again.

Reply to this topic