Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

conflict with dropdown menu's

Asked 21 Dec 2005 19:32:40
has this question
21 Dec 2005 19:32:40 Rogier Bos posted:
Dear,

I have just purcharsed and installed the Scroll Genie. I seem to have a conflict between the dropdown menu's and the scroll layers. Is that possible? Is there a way I can put the scroll layers underneath the dropdown menu's?

To see what I am talking about, follow this link:
www.navius.nl/new2006/followpages-scroll.htm
All the buttons except for contact have drop down menu's.

Tx for your help in advance.

Rogier
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Replies

Replied 21 Dec 2005 19:46:43
21 Dec 2005 19:46:43 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
The menus probably have a higher z-index than the scroller.

Try changing the z-index of the Scroller Genie layer with ID=dmx1Scroller to 1 (it is set to 100 now), or try changing the z-index for your menus to a higher value than 100.

--
Marja Ribbers-de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 23 Dec 2005 16:48:43
23 Dec 2005 16:48:43 Rogier Bos replied:
Marja,
Thanks for your answer. It sounded logical - but it turns out the pop-up menu's are not made of layers with a z-index. At least not a z-index I can find.

Can you have a look at my code, and tell me what I need to do? The pop-up menu's are part of the normal set of bahaviours you get with Dreamweaver (MX).

Tx for your help!

Rogier
Replied 29 Dec 2005 17:31:26
29 Dec 2005 17:31:26 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Hello <rogier,

I'm on vacation now, but I will answer your email when I'm back home again on January 9th.

Regards, Marja

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
Replied 09 Jan 2006 00:08:27
09 Jan 2006 00:08:27 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Can you have a look at my code, and tell me what I need to do?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Try changing
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>#dmx1Scroller {position:absolute; top:300; left:100px; width:400px; height: 300; z-index:100; visibility:visible; overflow:hidden; }</font id=code></pre id=code>
into
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>#dmx1Scroller {position:absolute; top:300; left:100px; width:400px; height: 300; z-index:1; visibility:visible; overflow:hidden; }</font id=code></pre id=code>

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
Replied 13 Jan 2006 16:20:47
13 Jan 2006 16:20:47 Rogier Bos replied:
Marja,
I have tried your proposal, but it makes no difference. The z-index is now 1. The problem still occurs: check out www.navius.nl/new2006/followpages-scroll.htm. Scroll over the menu's to see what I mean. The 'Strategie' menu disappears behind the layer created by Scroller Genie.
Do you have any other ideas, or should we conclude that Scroller Genie is basically incompatible with Dreamweaver's drop down functionality?
Appreciate your help!
Rogier
Replied 13 Jan 2006 16:35:08
13 Jan 2006 16:35:08 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Hi Rogier,
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have tried your proposal, but it makes no difference. The z-index is now 1. The problem still occurs: check out www.navius.nl/new2006/followpages-scroll.htm. Scroll over the menu's to see what I mean. The 'Strategie' menu disappears behind the layer created by Scroller Genie.
Do you have any other ideas, or should we conclude that Scroller Genie is basically incompatible with Dreamweaver's drop down functionality?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
I've checked the code generated by Dreamweaver's dropdown feature and it also assigns 'z-index=1' to the menu layers. When more layers have the same z-index, then whichever layer is defined last in the page sourcecode will be displayed on top in the browser.

In this case the Scroller Genie is defined after the menus, so Scroller Genie will always be on top.

If you're willing to manually edit the JS file generated by Dreamweaver to alter the z-index assignment, then you can probably fix it:
<ul><li>open the file 'mm_menu.js' in a text editor</li><li>find all occurences of 'z-index:1' and change them to 'z-index:100'</li><li>save the JS file and test</li></ul>
Let me know if this works for you.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl

Reply to this topic