Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Use Jump Menu to Update Record

Posted 16 Apr 2006 11:04:03
has voted
16 Apr 2006 11:04:03 Matt Bailey posted:
Can you use a jump menu to activate an update record script, or does it have to be a submit button?

I am creating a simple content management system. One of the pages shows the user their current image and then underneath is a list menu of all the other images available to them. I would like them to be able to select an alternative image from the list menu, have the update record behaviour work, page refresh and see the new image they have selected on the page in place of the previous - does that make sense?

If there are better ways of doing this let me know. In fact what would be ideal would be a pop up window showing thumbnails of all the available images. The user could then select an image, close the window and have this info passed back to the form on the main page. Any suggestions on where I might find some helpful tutorials or scripts on this?

Replies

Replied 18 Apr 2006 17:09:58
18 Apr 2006 17:09:58 Roddy Dairion replied:
check this link.
Fill details in textbox first then select from option.
www.roderszone.com/files/jumpost.php

Reply to this topic