Forums

This topic is locked

Dynamic Pulldown Problem

Posted 26 Apr 2006 01:51:53
has voted
26 Apr 2006 01:51:53 Arson Fraud posted:
1) I have created multiple tables that I am using solely for the purpose of using them as the dynamic pulldowns in DW8 (for example" locations, job_prefs)
2) I populate these two tables with some rows
3) The first record in each table is-- SELECT LOCALE or SELECT JOBS
4) I setup the connections and recordsets in DW8 and implement the Database Search Wizard
5) After the Database Search WIzard implements the form on ther page---I select the first search field (location)
6) In the DW8 property inspector I have the option of creating a "list" or DYNAMICALLY selecting a list from tables....(location-jobprefs
7) I select the first dynamic list ---and it works as expected--I will always see the first record (SELECT LOCALE) in the pulldown menu after I submit a search
8) I select the second dynamic list form the property inspector -- job prefs ---and it DOES NOT work as expected ----the FIRST record from the selected table--SELECT JOBS --does not appear ----the LAST RECORD APPEARS---
9) It seems that something strange happens with the dynamic selection in DW8 ...for some reason it begin to default to the record ID field ..instead of the serial id field....

Replies

Replied 10 May 2006 00:10:48
10 May 2006 00:10:48 Bobby Moirangthem replied:
hi Arson,

please check the recordset of the second dynamic pull down thing, make sure the SORT = NONE and also select SELECT JOBS as initially selected. best is ya create a list value manually and NOT included in your database. this should work.

Reply to this topic