Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

php dynamic dropdown to multiple textboxes

Posted 05 May 2006 01:30:09
has voted
05 May 2006 01:30:09 Kevin Bramblett posted:
Hello. I'm trying to program a page that mixes javascript, php, and mysql to create a dynamic dropdown list from a query to the mysql database, which, in turn, when an item is selected, posts the page back to itself and then uses a second query to fill in multiple text boxes on the page.

I can do it with just a single query, and do it all in javascript, but it forces a lot of data to be placed in the dropdown. The page does fine with the first query, but crashes when I try to stuff all the data in the dropdown.

Can someone help me with this? I am a beginner PHP programmer. I have done this in ASP, but don't have enough grasp yet on how PHP would handle the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Replied 05 May 2006 14:43:47
05 May 2006 14:43:47 Roddy Dairion replied:
I can be done in php where you have a jump menu, then when you select this menu, it reloads the page and triggers another query. It can be done in php but in javascript i don't have a clue. In any case why would u use javascript for this?
What do u mean wen u say the page works fine with the first query but crashes when u try to put it all in the dropdown?

Reply to this topic