Forums

This topic is locked

gettin my site to weaver

Posted 08 Aug 2006 20:21:15
has voted
08 Aug 2006 20:21:15 Michael B posted:
Hey all, so cool to find this site. My first time here. basically I had my website built in some kind of code by a past friend but now cannot manage. I am a hands on learner so reading and tutorials is not the best for me. I plan to slowly learn dream weaver as time goes on. Like many, I need to learn to build and support my own site.

My first question. I have been told that I might be able to somehow import my website from my host (PHP) into Dream weaver, and most of it might be pretty well organised and just need a little repair. I still dont understand the linking to websites so I am a little confused. I am an infant in website understandng so far.

Can anyone give me some very basic steps to dragging my site into Dreamweaver to get me a start with rebuilding? if looking at my website helps: www.burrowsphoto.com

Thanks again and i look forward to talking to all.
Michael

Replies

Replied 11 Aug 2006 23:34:10
11 Aug 2006 23:34:10 Tom Donohue replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey all, so cool to find this site. My first time here. basically I had my website built in some kind of code by a past friend but now cannot manage. I am a hands on learner so reading and tutorials is not the best for me. I plan to slowly learn dream weaver as time goes on. Like many, I need to learn to build and support my own site.

My first question. I have been told that I might be able to somehow import my website from my host (PHP) into Dream weaver, and most of it might be pretty well organised and just need a little repair. I still dont understand the linking to websites so I am a little confused. I am an infant in website understandng so far.

Can anyone give me some very basic steps to dragging my site into Dreamweaver to get me a start with rebuilding? if looking at my website helps: www.burrowsphoto.com

Thanks again and i look forward to talking to all.
Michael

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 11 Aug 2006 23:43:55
11 Aug 2006 23:43:55 Tom Donohue replied:
First get a copy of the visual quick pro guide:dreamweaver 8. It's a cookbook that will step-by-step you through many key processes. It's organized by task with minimal verbage just keystrokes and window shots.

What you need to do is simple
define your site selecting PHP as your server model(see book)
go to your remote site (Alt-W,f8, pulldown remote view)
and click the down arrow (download)
that's your starting point.

keep in mind that your friend and dreamweaver work differanly. DW won't mess with your code and will manage your files, but there will be times when you may wish to rewrite code blocks to enable DW to use it's power.

Reply to this topic