Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Pure Upload .. different file TYPES?

Posted 24 Aug 2006 14:46:05
has voted
24 Aug 2006 14:46:05 David FARNDON posted:
Hi everybody.

I have been building a site where I have used various DMXZONE extensions including Advanced text editor and pure upload (all php/mySQL). I have a couple of admin pages which use this to upload a couple of files .. one file (if uploaded at all) should be an image, the other (again optional) has to be a PDF, a ZIP or .. maybe a Word .doc file.

At the moment, I have set the Pure Upload to accept files as large as 2Mb, and not to restrict to images. Anything that is placed in the file upload box is uploaded to the same folder (which isn't particularly a problem, but obviously would be quite neat if I could separate them as they go. This isn't really the problem however ...)

Is there any way I can make each file field require their <b>particular</b> file type? .. as at the moment, I can upload an image into where I should really only like to be able to upload a PDF etc., and likewise at the moment a non-image file could be uploaded into what should be an image only. I can see this might cause a few hiccups at some future point.

I am fairly new to all this clever stuff .. and though I'm not too stupid, but please 'talk' s.l.o.w.l.y and assume I know nothing (my wife would undoubtedly agree!)

Replies

Replied 28 Aug 2006 10:02:17
28 Aug 2006 10:02:17 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Sorry, but with the current version that won't be possible, all the checks apply to all the uploaded files.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 28 Aug 2006 10:37:51
28 Aug 2006 10:37:51 David FARNDON replied:
that's a shame .. can I then maybe ask it be added to the future version 'wish list' .. as I dare say this isn't the first time someone wanted to have a form which uploaded files of different types ..

in this case it was to upload content, which included various text fields as well as an Advanced HTML Editor contents, an image and a PDF or zip file.

thanks for the reply.

David
Replied 30 Aug 2006 11:41:50
30 Aug 2006 11:41:50 Patrick Woldberg replied:
Version 3 of the extension will support it, the current version 2 will not get this feature. You can check the Pure ASP Upload 3 extension, the PHP version will be almost have the same features. It will however take a while until the PHP version will be finished and I can't give any timeframe for release at the moment.

Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
Replied 23 Apr 2012 13:25:34
23 Apr 2012 13:25:34 nathan green replied:
Patrick....any news on PHP Upload v3?????

Reply to this topic