Scroller Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Error when inserting Scroller in Dreamweaver MX

Reported 03 Sep 2006 21:58:09
has this problem
03 Sep 2006 21:58:09 jptemp jptemp posted:
I just bought this program. Installation went fine. But when I tried inserting a scroller using mostly default settings, I get the follwoing error:

While executing onClick in dmxScrollerGenie.html...<snip> At line 43 of file "C:\Program Files <snip>flemDOM.js TypeError: l_sLibPath has no properties.

I removed all extensions, restarted MX, reinstalled Scroller Genie, and I continue to get the error. I removed the extension again, and restarted MX again. Now, with SG NOT installed, when I click on the Commands drop menu in MX, I get the following error:

Unable to open script file "C:\Program FIles\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Shared\FlevDMX\scripts\anchorDiv-sc-str.js (error 3)

So I can't seem to insert a scroller, and when I remove SG and can't access or use anything under Commands.

I appreicate your help.

Replies

Replied 03 Sep 2006 23:38:14
03 Sep 2006 23:38:14 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Are you working in a 'defined site' (a DW project)?
Because otherwise Dreamweaver doesn't know where your site files are and things get unpredictable.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 04 Sep 2006 20:34:49
04 Sep 2006 20:34:49 jptemp jptemp replied:
I've tried both - inserting into a page that is part of a defined site, and also into a blank test page not associated with a site.

Do happen to know what (if any) registry keys are affected by this extension? I want to completely clean SG off my machine and start over. I had the original autoscroller from Flevo on my machinea while back and it was removed, but maybe that is creating a conflict since they use some of the same JavaScript elements.

Thanks
Replied 04 Sep 2006 20:55:00
04 Sep 2006 20:55:00 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
Extensions do not affect computer registry settings. Only the Dreamweaver configuration gets updated when installing extensions.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
Replied 06 Sep 2006 20:57:06
06 Sep 2006 20:57:06 jptemp jptemp replied:
I have now removed SG from Dreamweaver MX, upgraded to Dreamweaver 8, and reinstalled SG. The extension is listed in the Extension Manager, and the command to launch SG from the Insert > DMXZone ... is listed, but upon selecting SG nothing happens - SG does not appear and I receive no errors. I have restarted DW with the same result. When I'm trying this, I have a page from a managed site open with its structure listed in the right-side panel.

Any ideas?
Replied 06 Sep 2006 21:32:00
06 Sep 2006 21:32:00 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
And you did restart DW after installing Scroller Genie and entering the serial number?

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl

Reply to this topic