Forums

This topic is locked

Please check my new series of styles

Posted 22 Sep 2006 18:04:03
has voted
22 Sep 2006 18:04:03 Ken Dawber posted:
I am normally a lot better with technology (ie. programming etc) than I am with art. Consequently some of the following, after a lot work, is still wrong.

I have been working on a set of web page styles that are a little different from the traditional web page.

A lot of CSS used. Web contents scrolls over the top of a large background image with a lot of transparency effects. A lot of hover effects to allow extra information to be given out etc. I have tried to get rid of the typical top image so that the H1 message is right at the top.

The background images are mainly paintings of local central city Melbourne scenes that local people will recognize ...ie goes with the Aus for Australia.

I feel that I have one or two looking OK but I am still having a lot of trouble getting some of the others to look good and I'm not sure why.

By far the best way to view all the styles is to use Netscape or Mozilla. Then from the home page you can change the style that the same page is displayed in using the View menu. You will find the Styles or Use Style under the View menu.

For those using other browsers such as Internet Explorer, just go through the web pages. I have set the default style for different pages to different styles. Obviously, in a final website they would all end up using just one or two styles.

Please tell me if you find any of the styles good (or even great) and which.

Can anyone tell why some of them are so poor as compared to others. Any where you believe it is the colours used or is the particular background image used which will always give a poor result. If you think that it is the colors, please give me a hint of what colors I should use for what particular styles to get them looking good.

I'm not interested in spelling mistakes and similar content problems yet. Will fix them later.

The Site is AusValue.com

Also, please tell me if you think that the particular direction that these styles are going is worth pursuing.

Many thanks

Ken
Melbourne Australia
AusValue.Com

Reply to this topic