Forums

CSS

This topic is locked

CSS Word-Wrap Not in FF

Posted 08 Nov 2006 17:34:41
has voted
08 Nov 2006 17:34:41 Matt Jukes posted:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I have put together a site purely css/div for seo. Its a 3 column layout. The problem I am having is that if a long text string appears inside the center div it stretchs over the right hand column. Below is the example,

<!-- Start Main Housing -->
<div id="main">
<div id="mainContent">
<p><strong>Hello</strong> </p>
<p>asd sjadlkj la</p>

<font color=red>&lt;!-- PROBLEM AREA --&gt;
&lt;p&gt;ssjad klsajl dsajdm,dsfnlsljlkjkljsdlfkjklsdfjlkjsdlfkjsdklfjlskdjflkjsdflkjsldkfjlsdkjflksjdfkljsdlfkjlsdkjfklsdjlfkjskldfjlksdjfkljsdlfkjslkdjflksjdfkljsdklfjslkfjlskjdfksjdflksjdlfkj
&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;!-- PROBLEM AREA --&gt;</font id=red>

&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;lasdk jlasjdkalsdkjlasjkd&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;!-- End Main Housing --&gt;

Inside the center div you can see that the text string has white space initially then nothing, this is for testing. Using the following CSS the first two test words justify to the width of the div 427px, but the second line stretches the div to almost double the width.

p { font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal; color:#474747; text-align:justify; }

I have tried everything. word-wrap is the only command that has kinda worked but it will only work in IE not FF. I understand that it wont be everyday that you will see a word this long but incase I like my pages to be prepared. Any idea how to force the break in FF and IE without using tables.

Regards
Matt

Replies

Replied 10 Nov 2006 11:24:13
10 Nov 2006 11:24:13 Nurudin Jauhari replied:
Maybe yo make Too long sentences so this make you code not perfect

Life for Others
Replied 11 Nov 2006 08:52:50
11 Nov 2006 08:52:50 Jacks J replied:
Hi

I think you can find in this www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp just go thru it.

If you need any CSS templates just have a look on this
www.classicwebsites.org

Thanks

Reply to this topic