Advanced Layer Popup Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Pb with release 1.0.2

Reported 07 Jan 2007 11:13:14
has this problem
07 Jan 2007 11:13:14 jean-claude jcg posted:
My present goal : obtain popup images without any in or out effect , with close option, displayed in the center, onclick option
With Advanced Layer Popup 1.0.1 everything was ok, the result was perfect
I updated Advanced Layer Popup 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 revision without pb.
In order to apply new revision 1.0.2, I modified my pages in conformity with the instructions and too, i created new pages.
When I work in internal, Internet explorer 7, I obtain good results, same as rev 1.0.1
When my pages are installed on the server, the result is bad, the pop up image is translated in the left down corner, the title text is largely increased, the close cross is not in good place, there is a big space between the title frame and the image.
It is possible to see the result in the here after example :

*** removed by admin ***

Replies

Replied 07 Jan 2007 13:52:33
07 Jan 2007 13:52:33 George Petrov replied:
Hi Jean-Claude,

You have forgotten to upload the styles/dmxPopup.css file to your server.

Please do so and everything should be fine.

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
Replied 08 Jan 2007 09:48:24
08 Jan 2007 09:48:24 jean-claude jcg replied:
To be more explicit concerning the pb related with the new release of the Advanced Layer Popup 1.0.2 :
The address of my published site which largely uses the 1.0.1 revision (styles ans ScriptLibrary 1.0.1 in the root of the site)
atc49.free.fr
The address of a page used for testing, page which is equipped whith the 1.0.1 version
atc49.free.fr/Pages/Install/install1.htm
The address of the same lightened test page, on a different little site, by the same provider, site equipped with 1.0.2 version (styles ans ScriptLibrary 1.0.2 in the root of the site)
tounaj.free.fr/Pages/install1.htm
By comparison of the popups of these different rev pages, it is easy to observe the pb.

Greetings
Jean-Claude
Replied 08 Jan 2007 10:49:42
08 Jan 2007 10:49:42 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Jean-Claude,

I have check your links. When I try to access the dmxPopup.css for link tounaj.free.fr/Pages/install1.htm I receive the following error:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
404 Not Found
Not Found
The requested URL /styles/dmxPopup.css was not found on this server
Apache/ProXad [Dec 3 2006 11:06:17] Server at tounaj.free.fr Port 80
</font id=code></pre id=code>

Therefore, I believe George is correct:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> You have forgotten to upload the styles/dmxPopup.css file to your server. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Please, check you styles/dmxPopup.css file.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 08 Jan 2007 19:10:47
08 Jan 2007 19:10:47 jean-claude jcg replied:
The provider does not allow external people, other than the webmaster of a site, to access files of it
I have accessed and obtained, for Version 1.0.2 site, the following list of advanced layer popup files

ScriptLibrary
advLayerPopup.js 47 Ko JScript Script File

styles
OS_Look
cancelosx.png 2 Ko
cancelxp.png 1 Ko
OS_Look.css 1 Ko
titleosx.png 1 Ko
titlexp.png 1 Ko
close.png 1Ko
dmxpopup.css 4 Ko
dmxshadow.css 3 Ko
indicator.gif 1 Ko
resize.gif 1 Ko

That seems correct to me. I also extracted the content of advLayerPopup.js, OS_Look.css, dmxpopup.css and dmxshadow.css . if it's necessary, i can then them.

Greetings
Jean-Claude
Replied 08 Jan 2007 19:19:29
08 Jan 2007 19:19:29 jean-claude jcg replied:
In my preceeding msg, the indentation was lost
Rep styles contents files close.png,dmxpopup.css,dmxshadow.css,indicator.gif,resize.gif and rep OS_Look
Rep OS_Look contents cancelosx.png,cancelxp.png,OS_Look.css, titleosx.png,titlexp.png

Greetings
Jean-Claude
Replied 08 Jan 2007 23:42:44
08 Jan 2007 23:42:44 jean-claude jcg replied:
Please, don't loose too much of your time in doubting of my ability to correctly follow your install instructions.
If my english is not perfectly fluent, i'm not completely snoopy in techniques.
Stay on key facts:
1- Uploading of specific "Advanced Layer Popup" reps is correctly processed into root site in the provider house
2- My site, Version 1.0.1, works perfectly well on my PC, in internal processing, and on the web with my provider "free"
3- My site, Version 1.0.2, works perfectly well on my PC, in internal processing, but fails on the web, after been correctly uploaded in the house of my provider free
That's the key point, maybe there is a light incompatibility with provider software apache ?
That's an interesting pb, i am sure we can solve it if we have confidence in each other.
Replied 09 Jan 2007 00:06:20
09 Jan 2007 00:06:20 jean-claude jcg replied:
I read the topic "Advanced Layer Popup and Active Slideshow Pro and I saw the problem about "the extension was called dmxpopup.css instead of dmxPopup.css"; That's exactly my pb. For my site, the .css generated by uploading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 was dmxpopup.css and not dmxPopup.css and naturally I uploaded that bad file. Y replaced the p by the P and immediately everything seems to work OK.
That's really a big trap ! It is urgent to warn everybody about that pb
Many thanks for your help.
I am going to retry the updating, i think it will go perfectly.

Regards
jean-Claude
Replied 09 Jan 2007 01:02:45
09 Jan 2007 01:02:45 George Petrov replied:
Yes indeed this is a problem on the case sensitive webservers as Linux.

We will fix that in the next update

Greetings,
George

George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl

Reply to this topic