Forums

This topic is locked

Back to Basics with PU3

Posted 10 Jan 2007 03:53:48
has voted
10 Jan 2007 03:53:48 Charles Knight posted:
In my pursuit of trying to solve the dreadful problems I've been having with PU3 and SIP2 I've gone back to basics.

I now have an update page which works OK, updates the access db no problems etc...

Have added PU3 v7 into the page, the selected file uploads OK but the image field in the db is not getting updated. Any other field I choose to change does update.

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS

Replies

Replied 10 Jan 2007 04:53:10
10 Jan 2007 04:53:10 Charles Knight replied:
OK here's the update so far...

Got and insert page to work (it uploads the images and updates the db) (still don't have a working modify page though)

Added SIP2 v2 and all I get is:

Image Processor: No component detected
There is no supported component detected.

Have uploaded the dll file in the bin folder and all the files in the script library folder.

Why am I getting this error message, anyone please...

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 10 Jan 2007 05:16:14
10 Jan 2007 05:16:14 Charles Knight replied:
Latest update.

Found some info under the FAQ's of SIP, took a while to find as there isn't really a section for SIP2.

The require componts are listed:
ASP.NET
ASPSmart
ASPJpeg
ASPImage
ImgWriter
AspThumb

also there is a link to a zip file with two small pages for detecting components on your ISP server:

www.dmxzone.com/demo/sip/detectSIP.zip

In my case there seems to be a problem with the web.config file which I have asked my ISP to look at.

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 10 Jan 2007 07:06:49
10 Jan 2007 07:06:49 Charles Knight replied:
Established I have a component problem...

Got PU3 and SIP2 to work on another site which again seems to have an ASP.NET problem but also has ASPJPEG installed (beware, this component does not support any on the water mark features etc, took a while figure that one).

Now have a working insert page and its creating thumbnails.

New problem and one which I now is related to my original post...

If I use the modify page (DW modify server behaviour) to add another image ( I allow six images in total) the images are being uploaded and processed but the file path is not being put into the db and it is removing any existing paths from the insert page rendering the record with no images at all.

I can't see any way round...is it a bug between DWMX Modify and PU3 ?

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 12 Jan 2007 06:10:41
12 Jan 2007 06:10:41 Jeremy Conn replied:
Binding the recordset entry to the file upload field solved the same problem you had for me.
Not sure what else to tell you.

<b>Jeremy Conn</b>
www.conncreativemedia.com
DW8 | ASP/VB/ASP.NET | Access/SQL
Replied 12 Jan 2007 10:37:37
12 Jan 2007 10:37:37 Charles Knight replied:
Hi Jeremy

Tried binding the recordset entry to the upload field and even tried touse the hidden fields available in PU3 but didn' t work...

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 12 Jan 2007 19:11:03
12 Jan 2007 19:11:03 Jeremy Conn replied:
When you say it doesn't work, what happens?

<b>Jeremy Conn</b>
www.conncreativemedia.com
DW8 | ASP/VB/ASP.NET | Access/SQL
Replied 13 Jan 2007 04:16:58
13 Jan 2007 04:16:58 Charles Knight replied:
OK for the record:

Insert new record page, PU3 and SIP2 works fine, proving that all the components, permissions etc are OK.

Update record page, PU3, SIP2 and delete record before upload, works to the point that the image is uploaded and if its a replacement image the original is deleted and its getting resized and a thumbnail is being created, again proving all is working as it should, the only part which is not working properly is the file name and path is not being written to the database.

Have gone back to PU2 ans SIP1 and it works as it used to.

Tried to bind the image records to the browser boxes, did nothing and tried using the hidden fields and mapping them, still does nothing.

Have read all the manual and theres no mention of having to bind the image browser boxes when an update is done.

Seems to be a conflict between PU3 and DWMX Update record...

DWMX | ASP | ACCESS

Reply to this topic