Persistent Layer Pro Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

body onload question

Asked 06 Feb 2007 12:47:48
has this question
06 Feb 2007 12:47:48 p Dub posted:
I have a question, does persistent pro have to use the onload in the body tag?

<body onload="dmxFPLP1('Layer1',3,100,3,105,0,0,0,0)">

I am trying to create a layer that can be easily added to any website with minimal code remodification. I have figured out how to call the generated javascript code externally, but I would like to know if I can put the onload tag somewhere else. My ultimate goal to to have everything pulling from an external source so that I can theoretically add 1 or 2 lines of code to an existing websites html.

Replies

Replied 06 Feb 2007 12:54:18
06 Feb 2007 12:54:18 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a question, does persistent pro have to use the onload in the body tag?

&lt;body onload="dmxFPLP1('Layer1',3,100,3,105,0,0,0,0)"&gt;

I am trying to create a layer that can be easily added to any website with minimal code remodification. I have figured out how to call the generated javascript code externally, but I would like to know if I can put the onload tag somewhere else. My ultimate goal to to have everything pulling from an external source so that I can theoretically add 1 or 2 lines of code to an existing websites html.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
It's really up to you when the PLP behavior is triggered. But onLoad for the BODY tag is a good event for that, because then you can be sure the behavior will function as expected.
But you can also apply the behavior to some other element on your page, eg. to the onLoad event of some IMG tag on the page.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/

Reply to this topic