Forums

This topic is locked

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Posted 24 Apr 2007 21:17:26
has voted
24 Apr 2007 21:17:26 h b posted:
Hi,

I have a loginform, registration form and thankyouform. I would like get all userinfo from loginform and registrationform to thankyou form. I get the following error

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

Can anyone help me to get the current session recordset on the results page. Thanks for your help.
Hiran.

Replies

Replied 25 Apr 2007 09:51:04
25 Apr 2007 09:51:04 satheesh Dominic replied:
This is a common error message. There is the solution for that

Solution:
You have a recordset inserted in the page and you are calling some dynamic data from that recordset.
You know when this page loads this dynamic content also must be loaded. But if your recordset turns to be empty, the browser will disply this error.

What you should do:
Make sure that your recordset never turns empty or if it becomes empty, you should write a conditional show region option and say What is the cause.

Solution in Dreamweaver:

step.1
Select the dynamic text where you are displaying the dynamic data. (Suppose your recordset name is "recordset1" and you are calling the value of "ID" in that recordset, you have this <b> "&lt;%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("id".Value)%&gt;"</b> in the html page. Then select this area:<b> &lt;%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("id".Value)%&gt; )</b>

Step.2
Go to the Server behaviur panel and go to the "Show Region" menu then go to the pop up and choose "Show region if recordset is not empty" . It will add a conditional clause before and after the <b>"&lt;%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("id".Value)%&gt;" </b> clause.

If it's not possible just add the following code manually before the dynamic area:

<b> &lt;% If Not Recordset1.EOF Or Not Recordset1.BOF Then %&gt; </b>
( Note:Replace "Recordset1" with your recordset name.)

<b> then you add your dynamic area ......(eg:&lt;%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("id".Value)%&gt; )</b>

After that you write this:
<b> &lt;% End If %&gt;</b>
<center>
<b>Your code now should be like this:</b>
&lt;% If Not Recordset1.EOF Or Not Recordset1.BOF Then %&gt;
&lt;%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("id".Value)%&gt;
&lt;% End If %&gt;
</center>

Step.3:
Now if you want some other area or text contents to be displyed. Just add them also in you HTML page and then select that area ...Go to server behaviours.....Show Region....Click on "show region is recordset is empty. The result will be when the recordset goes empty....this area will be visible and NO SUCH ERROR PAGE WILL COME.

NOTE:
DO NOT FORGET THE STEP.1 & STEP.2. OTHERWISE THE PROBLEM WILL NOT BE SOLVED.

Try this.....

Edited by - satheeshkd on 25 Apr 2007 09:54:39
Replied 25 Apr 2007 16:07:39
25 Apr 2007 16:07:39 h b replied:
Hi,

I did step 1 & 2. Now I get the first record from the table rather than the data that is typed on the form. Can you help me how to get the current session data? Thank you.
Replied 25 Apr 2007 20:38:28
25 Apr 2007 20:38:28 h b replied:
Hi,

Its working now. Thanks for your help. Hiran.

Reply to this topic