Forums

This topic is locked

Disaster! DW Deleted files when renaming folder ..

Posted 25 Jun 2007 17:47:17
has voted
25 Jun 2007 17:47:17 Cheska Cheska posted:
Agggghhh!

I was trying to rename a folder within the local files display of Dreamweaver. I was tring to rename a folder called 'Flash' to 'flash'. It warned me that a folder with that hame already existed, but then all my attempts to rename it to its original name or any new name failed, and then just completely out of the blue, the folder was GONE. I can't find it anywhere. It's not in my trash folder or ANYWHERE.

this happened once before several months ago, but the consequences weren't critical... this time they truly are disasterous... I NEED my files back......

I don't know what to do... I cannot find any reference to any similar incidents onthis site or anywhere online.

Has nobody else ever experienced this? Does anybody know how i could recover my files or where they even went to?

Notes/Information:
I am using dreamweaver MX 2004 on a Mac OS 10.3.9.
I have searched my entire computer many times over for my files.
My site root folders are all on an externam HD.
DW 2004 is currently unsupported my adobe support.
Obviously I will never use this renming protocol again.
I submitted a bug report to DW because i am able to reproduce this problem many times over*...

I am having a hard time gearing up to redoing months of work over-night, and trying to explain to my client what happened...

Thankyou in advance of some responses and solutions, and for not chiding me for not backing up my files....

ccesca

Replies

Replied 27 Jun 2007 19:10:16
27 Jun 2007 19:10:16 Jim Crandell replied:
ccesca,
I know the feeling, but I only lost one file not a whole directory. What we did was bought this software (Recover My Files) which recovered the whole file without any data loss. The Web site is: www.recovermyfiles.com/
and they let you download a trial version so you can see if the files are still there, but it won't recover them until you pay the $69.00. That was easily worth it to us since we were working on a $1.3 million proposal.
Good Luck
Replied 10 Sep 2007 05:30:10
10 Sep 2007 05:30:10 azeez yooozy replied:
shhhh same thing happened to me twice !! that must be one of the bad thing on dreamweaver
right now i'm trying to download easyrecovery i used it befor it's powerful
i hop that's gonna work

Replied 10 Sep 2007 05:58:51
10 Sep 2007 05:58:51 azeez yooozy replied:
YEAAAAAAH I MAKE IT

i used easy recovery i went under "deleted recovery " then select the hard drive then the files type which is
html
i found an encrypted file so i set easyrecovery to search for all types of all files

i found files in names like: _FC17E with a strange extension

so renamed them so they turn out to be pages of each step i made when editing my site

Edited by - yooozy on 10 Sep 2007 06:00:16

Reply to this topic