Forums

This topic is locked

Pure ASP Upload problem with Firefox

Posted 13 Jul 2007 14:00:26
has voted
13 Jul 2007 14:00:26 Christian Houmann posted:
Hi
I have been uploading photos with no problems, until I changed to Firefox. Then suddenly the Image Height and width are not inserted in the database.
This is a serious problem, since these dimensions are important for the layout of the pages, and more and more people are using Firfox. I can see in the ASP forum, that I am not the only one with this problem, but there have been no reply there.

(this is concerning version 2.1.7)

Replies

Replied 19 Jul 2007 17:46:06
19 Jul 2007 17:46:06 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Christian,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I have been uploading photos with no problems, until I changed to Firefox. Then suddenly the Image Height and width are not inserted in the database.
This is a serious problem, since these dimensions are important for the layout of the pages, and more and more people are using Firfox.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

The forms hidden fields for Height and Width are filled out at client-side with JavaScript. But, IE 7 and Firefox 2 have improved security and do not allow the local file to be accessed from JavaScript. Therefore, with those browsers imgWidth and imgHeight are not initialized and saved into database.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I can see in the ASP forum, that I am not the only one with this problem, but there have been no reply there.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
I have to inform you and all our customers that post here that this forum is not for support. In order to receive support you have to post into the support forums for the particular extension. Link to the support forum can be found at official page of the extension (through Support Details).
This is the link to Pure Asp Upload 2 support forums:
www.dmxzone.com/forum/default.asp?NewsId=1622

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com

Reply to this topic