Flash Image Enhancer Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Getting Javascript Execution error messages

Reported 11 Nov 2007 06:12:09
has this problem
11 Nov 2007 06:12:09 Stella Hicks posted:
I have DW CS3, when I go to use the Flash Image Enhancer, I get the same error message twice as soon as the screen opens " "while executing OnLoad inspect Selection in Flash Image Enhance.htm a javascript error occurred. I have deleted it , had the extension sent directly to me, have reloaded it, taken it out of the extension manager and reloaded it again. now the message has changed when activating it to While executing on load in Flash Image Enhancer a javascript error occured. (pops up twice) then if I try to make the changes and close the application it comes up with the original "while executing OnLoad inspect Selection in Flash Image Enhance.htm a javascript error occurred (pops up twice). and the changes do not work when uploaded, they only can be seen on my PC on the browser when I preview it., No problem with my other extensions - Active Slidshow Pro / Advanced Layer Pop Up etc., so I reloaded them thinking maybe there was a component in the Image Enhancer that was conflicting with the other, but no, just this one keeps giving me the same message....

Jody

Edited by - stellaJ on 12 Nov 2007 07:44:52

Edited by - stellaJ on 12 Nov 2007 07:47:21

Replies

Replied 12 Nov 2007 12:13:58
12 Nov 2007 12:13:58 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Stella,

1. Try to delete the cache file of Dreamweaver and Restart it
Usually it is at C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration

The file have a name like WinFileCache-<b>7A9586CB</b>.dat (The following string could be different for your computer <b>7A9586CB</b>.

NOTE: These folders are normally hidden. Therefore, you may have to use Explorer &gt; Tools &gt; Folder Options to unhide them).

2. Also, try to apply the extension on an empty page and see if the error will appear again.

For example, copy the following HTML code and save it as html file in your site.
Then open it with Dreameaver (in <b>Design View</b> and try to apply Flash Image Enhance:

&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"&gt;
&lt;html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"&gt;
&lt;head&gt;
&lt;meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /&gt;
&lt;title&gt;Untitled Document&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;/head&gt;

&lt;body&gt;
&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

If you still receive the same error please provide information about your Operating System and we will investigate further the problem.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 13 Nov 2007 06:24:55
13 Nov 2007 06:24:55 Stella Hicks replied:
Georgi ,
Well, I played with it quite a bit today and realised that the only time I get these messages and the feature does not work is when I am trying to use it in a page made with a template. So any other separate pages it works like a charm, as soon as I try and put it into a page made from a template - boom, same messages , same problems.

Is there a fix for this as many of my sites I have built using templates, I use both Site Assist and also make my own simple templates, doesn't matter which one I try to use the feature on, if it is a template page, gives the same result.

Jody (Stella)
Replied 16 Nov 2007 10:47:11
16 Nov 2007 10:47:11 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Stella,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issues on my computer.
Therefore, I cannot find out what is causing these problems.

But, you can try the following work around:
1. Apply Flash Image Enhancer at normal page.
2. Then copy and paste the code of Flash Image Enhancer into your template.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com

Reply to this topic