Forums

This topic is locked

An Unidentifed Error Occured

Posted 11 Dec 2007 13:27:36
has voted
11 Dec 2007 13:27:36 chris jones posted:
I've had to move from PC Windows to MAC fro reasons beyond my control.
I have had no problems with Windows set up, suprisingly.
When I attempted to sort out the PHP MySQL and the TestServer I ran in to problem after problem.
1st problem I managed to correct was concerning getting PHP and getting the Personal Web Sharing tickbox working.
2nd problem I also managed to correct was the MySql through the terminal, although there is still a minor problem with starting it with the mysql -u root -p command. I've checked the pico ~/.profile and the Path is available but I still need to include /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p before being prompted for the password.

The main problem I now have is with DW MX 2004 and its ability to connect to the database.
Through the Application I have tried to add a recordset. when I try to connect to the database an Unidentifed Error Occured! and then I get
HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found. Here are some possible reasons for the problem:
There is no testing server running on the server machine.
The testing service specified for this site does not map to the localhost/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

I have looked through a page on the Adobe site: kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16515&sliceId=2#redeployScripts
i have tried all the possible options but still doesn't want to connect.

Does Mac still use localhost as a server or does it use the name of the machine or IP address I have tried all these and none of them work.
Hope someone can help CJ

Reply to this topic