3D ImageFlow Gallery Support Product Page

This topic was archived

"target" not working

Reported 03 Jan 2008 04:03:47
has this problem
03 Jan 2008 04:03:47 Judy Becker posted:
First, George, thanks for another great extension!

I have been trying to use "target" with my images, but the only target that will work correctly is _blank. I'd like to be able to use _self or _top. When I choose either of these targets, the link will not function and clicking on the picture goes nowhere. I can use _blank for now, but I'd really rather have _top working.

I am using version 1.0.2.

Thanks!

Replies

Replied 07 Jan 2008 17:00:08
07 Jan 2008 17:00:08 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Judy,

The target attribute should be working fine. However, if for any strange reason it is not changing you could check your XML file and there you should see the target attribute if you have set it previously. For example:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
&lt;image url="../../TestPictures/pic1.jpg" target="_top" link="Dynamic.html"&gt;&lt;/image&gt;
</font id=code></pre id=code>

Regards,

DMX Zones Support Team
Replied 07 Jan 2008 17:33:53
07 Jan 2008 17:33:53 Judy Becker replied:
George, I realize it should be working. I can look in my XML file and see that the target attribute is set to "_top" or "_self" or whatever else I set it to. When I click on the picture in the gallery, if the target is _self or _top, I would expect the target page to load. But, nothing happens. It just sits there on the gallery page. If the target is set to "_blank", it works as expected, i.e. it pops up a new page. But targets _top and _self do not appear to be working at all.

Thanks.
Replied 10 Jan 2008 14:27:43
10 Jan 2008 14:27:43 George Petrov replied:
Hi Judy,

i just checked it and it is working fine. I can choose options like _top and -self and they do work as then the link is opened in the same window. If I choose _blank then a new browser window appears. So it works as desired.

Do you have a test link somewhere?

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 24 Jan 2008 17:46:58
24 Jan 2008 17:46:58 Judy Becker replied:
George, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this.

When I create a gallery that's by itself on its own page, _top works fine. You can see my gallery here: gallery.persistentillusion.com/fo-2008/fo-2008.php. The first picture has _top as the target, and the second picture has _blank. Both work fine.

When I pull that gallery into a page on my blog, only _blank still works. You can see it in action here: www.persistentillusion.com/blogblog/galleries/fo-2008. Note that these are the exact same gallery files. _blank is OK, but _top no longer works.

Thanks,
Judy
Replied 28 Jan 2008 22:45:58
28 Jan 2008 22:45:58 Judy Becker replied:
George, did you have a chance to look at my example? I'd like to put both the pictures back to _blank so they at least go somewhere.

Thanks.
Replied 06 Feb 2008 08:46:57
06 Feb 2008 08:46:57 Judy Becker replied:
George, I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at my Gallery? Are you stumped or just not working on this?

I left my gallery broken for two weeks, but I can't leave it that way forever. I've changed back to _blank, even though I'd prefer not to, because at least it works OK.

I'd really like to hear if you have any clues about what's happening.

Thanks.
Replied 26 Jan 2009 12:43:02
26 Jan 2009 12:43:02 Andy Talbot replied:
QuoteGeorge, I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at my Gallery? Are you stumped or just not working on this?

I left my gallery broken for two weeks, but I can't leave it that way forever. I've changed back to _blank, even though I'd prefer not to, because at least it works OK.

Thanks.
Replied 26 Jan 2009 12:46:05
26 Jan 2009 12:46:05 Andy Talbot replied:
QuoteGeorge, I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at my Gallery? Are you stumped or just not working on this?

Thanks.

Yep I have the exact same issue as Judy. The XML is definitely correct "_blank" works OK but "_self", "_top" "_parent" do nothing. It seems to work OK in IE^ but not safari or Firefox.
Any ideas please???
Replied 28 Jan 2009 10:49:41
28 Jan 2009 10:49:41 Andy Talbot replied:

Thanks.

Yep I have the exact same issue as Judy. The XML is definitely correct "_blank" works OK but "_self", "_top" "_parent" do nothing. It seems to work OK in IE^ but not safari or Firefox.
Any ideas please???

As no one seems to be bothered to reply to this post I spent some time researching this and found the solution. In the HTML page containing the flash you need to add an additional parameter within the <embed> or <object> tags:

allowScriptAccess="always"

This then solves the problem and you can use all types of target and will then work fine on all Mac browsers.

Suggest you modify the software to incorporate this by default. Thanks for all the help!

Reply to this topic