Forums

This topic is locked

Smart Image Processor 2 and Asp.net error

Posted 28 Apr 2008 21:20:17
has voted
28 Apr 2008 21:20:17 John Von Runnen posted:
I have two sites using SIP2 and asp.net running on a couple of servers that my company mantains. On one server everything works fine, but on a new server that we've recently set up I'm getting the error "Image Processor: Component AspNet could not be loaded." and when I use ?sipinfo=true&sipdebug=true I see the following information;

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/Version'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/Version'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/Version'.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) +502648
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath) +211
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +175
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +161
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Nothing is listed under installed components either.

I've even checked the application log on the server and it reports that "[siteroot]/ScriptLibrary/sip_service.asmx/Version" is being requested.

I've set up the site files exactly on a testing server we have, set the permissions the same way on the folders, and had everything work. I've set up a testing server on my local machine and had the site work, and I can remote into the server and load the page using the local IP address and it will work. The only time the site will give me the error is when I use the actual url from a remote machine like a regular internet user.

I'm not sure what to look for anymore. What am I missing?

Replies

Replied 30 Apr 2008 23:54:20
30 Apr 2008 23:54:20 John Von Runnen replied:
Well, one of my coworkers managed to find the fix. It turns out that by default .net disables http get and post and with the routing configuration we have set up it was causing problems. To fix it we added the following:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
&lt;webServices&gt;
&lt;protocols&gt;
&lt;add name="HttpGet"/&gt;
&lt;add name="HttpPost"/&gt;
&lt;/protocols&gt;
&lt;/webServices&gt;
</font id=code></pre id=code>

to the &lt;system.web&gt; section of our web.config

Edited by - johnvr on 30 Apr 2008 23:54:48

Reply to this topic