Advanced Tooltips Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Tooltip shows at bottom of page

Asked 04 Jul 2008 13:01:53
has this question
04 Jul 2008 13:01:53 Tim Coppolo posted:
When I work on the Advanced tool tip in dreamweaver and go to preview in browser it all works wonderfully.
But when I download it all to my server it no longer works properly, the tootip shows at the bottom of the page under the footer and the border treatment is not there.
I'm sure I downloaded all the needed files.
Can anyone suggest why this is?
The page can be seen at firstchurchamherst.org/music.html . Under the Choir tab there's a photo which is supposed to pop up in a larger view when moused over.

Thanks Tim

Replies

Replied 04 Jul 2008 13:47:02
04 Jul 2008 13:47:02 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Tim,

Please verify that all reqired files and folders are Uploaded. And more preciezly - styles/dmxTooltips/structure.css, styles/dmxTooltips/pointers.css. To be shure that all are uploaded select the Style and ScriptLibrary fokders and preform "Put"
command.

Regards,

M.Zografski

-----------------------------------
DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 05 Jul 2008 11:02:00
05 Jul 2008 11:02:00 Tim Coppolo replied:
Hi M.

I did what you said over and over (putting the files). I tried locating the photo outside the Project 7 Elevator panel. test it if you will please at firstchurchamherst.org/music.html

Tried it on a blank page on the current host site at firstchurchamherst.org/music1.html

I tried setting permissions on the jquery files.

And I tried loading a blank page on a site with a different server at uccam.org/music.html.

This still does not work o any of these locations.

Yet the preview in browsers almost work perfectly when I test it from within dreamweaver using the files from my computer instead of the ones that had been downloaded to the 2 servers.

please help,
Frustrated in Amherst,
Tim

Replied 07 Jul 2008 09:40:53
07 Jul 2008 09:40:53 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Tim,

FireFox's add-on FireBug still says that these files are not found ("error 404" on each of your tests. I just can't say why and when It can happen. Please, if you can send me a zip of one of your test pages, so I can investigate your issue in greater details. In the meanwhile, please, check your site links, verify that all is placed correctly (in general structure must be like :
----------------------
-root
-dir Styles
-dir ScriptLybrary
-file index.html
-----------------------
so check your remote file structure) .
Awating your feedback.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 08 Jul 2008 11:37:26
08 Jul 2008 11:37:26 Neo 314 replied:
Same problem here. Had a whole long story here, just deleted it.

Problem solved. It will require an update to the extension.

Windows is not case sensitive, but unix is.

It was looking for files in /styles/dmxTooltips/... but the extension installs /Styles/dmsTooltips/...

For a one time fix you can just change the directory Styles to styles.

To fix the extension until a patch comes out, find this directory on your system:

C:\Users\ [User_Name] \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\Shared\DMXzone\dmxTooltips\JS_Sources

-- Open the file dmxTooltips.js

-- Find the string "...|Styles|ScriptLibrary|styles|ieclosebtn|..." and capitalize the s in the second occurance of Styles.

Edited by - neo314 on 08 Jul 2008 12:16:34

Edited by - neo314 on 08 Jul 2008 13:17:03
Replied 08 Jul 2008 16:27:44
08 Jul 2008 16:27:44 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi all,

We recently found that bug and we are considering issue of a fix today or tomorow.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 08 Jul 2008 21:30:17
08 Jul 2008 21:30:17 Tim Coppolo replied:
That fixed my problem.

Thanks so much for ending my search for a fix, I can now move on.

Tim

Reply to this topic