Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

ASP VB Check New Password Script

Posted 16 Jul 2008 17:14:06
has voted
16 Jul 2008 17:14:06 Rob Vazquez posted:
I need the code to create a server behavior that will first check the username against the MS Access database and then check the password separately against the MS Access database so it doesn't try to write a duplicate to the database. I am using the User Authentication Server Behavior Check New Username for the username and the form works perfectly to allow users to create a username and login, and prevents new users from creating a duplicate username. However, if they attempt to create a password that already exists the following error occurs:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

/registration/index.asp, line 54

All I need is the same redirection action for a duplicate password field that works for the username field. I don't think this should be this difficult of a fix since it only requires duplicating the server behavior that works for the check Username but for a different field in the form.

Edited by - robvaz on 03 Oct 2008 18:52:28

Reply to this topic