Forums

This topic is locked

Help Needed - a Photo function?

Posted 20 Aug 2008 11:45:30
has voted
20 Aug 2008 11:45:30 Lisa Harman posted:
Hi to all. I am new here so please forgive me on my terminology.

I like to consider myself a beginner in the web design area. i have been building my own site www.lisaharman.com and I have decided that I don't like how the images are being shown.

I am using dreamweaver to create my web pages in so any solutions/ideas are needed for this programme.

What I want to do is have on the site small images of 200 x200 and when you roll your mouse over it you get the larger image pop up.

Is this possible.

I thought I could get this from the Rollover Image function but that is totally different all together.

Does anyone here have any solutions or ideas on how I can do this.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

Replied 20 Aug 2008 12:12:03
20 Aug 2008 12:12:03 Alan C replied:
Hi Lisa,
your butterfly on the homepage is awesome

there are some neat ways of going about what you want, take a look at www.dreamstime.com/ and roll your mouse pointer over the small images at the bottom right, you'll find they expand into bigger images. It's done with a javascript that changes the mouse pointer, I can't recall where I've seen the script, but if you view the source for the page you'll see the scripts, you might need to pick through the code if they are stored in files.

I use slimbox, which is a script that needs you to click on the images - the reason I went that way was that my client didn't like the way the images opened while your mouse pointer was roaming around the page, so decided to have a definite action - clicking on the image - to open the larger copy.

Hop that helps, if you don't find the script let me know and I'll have a look at my old bookmarks and see if I've still got the reference
Replied 20 Aug 2008 12:22:39
20 Aug 2008 12:22:39 Lisa Harman replied:
thank you for getting back to me so fast.

I like my butterfly too.. lmfao

I understand on that part with the images coming up all over that page.. that is one thing which would annoy me.

I will google the one you use and see what I come up with..

thanks so much for your help,
Replied 20 Aug 2008 12:29:11
20 Aug 2008 12:29:11 Lisa Harman replied:
I like this set up of a gallery.. do you know how I would go about doing this?

the page link is here www.smilephotography.com.au/gallery-weddingsMisc2.htm
Replied 25 Aug 2008 18:01:08
25 Aug 2008 18:01:08 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Lisa,

That one can be made with rollover image, but it will be time killer. Make a search for javascript that performs like rollover. Also you can take a look at CSS Image Gallery

About popping images - check out our Advanced ToolTip.

Regards,

M.Zografski

-----------------------------------
DMXZone.com Support Team
-----------------------------------
Replied 26 Aug 2008 02:37:59
26 Aug 2008 02:37:59 Lisa Harman replied:
I have Dreamweaver C53 and it has the roll over feature in that which I have been using, but its not giving me the effect I am after.. unless I am doing something wrong.

for now I have just put a web gallery up using Fireworks & Dreamweaver together.

I found a tutorial to do what I want but its not working out how the tutorial tells me.. I am obviously doing something wrong.

I will check out the section you said and see what I can get from there.

Thank you.

Reply to this topic