This topic is locked

How to combine multiple pages onto one

Posted 20 Dec 2008 20:25:32
has voted
20 Dec 2008 20:25:32 Tyler Andreasen posted:
I have a problem. Here is my situation:
I have 5 pages I have to show on ONE ASP .NET page:
1.aspx , 2.aspx, 3.aspx, 4.aspx, 5.aspx
each with their own individual code-behind classes.

I am to create a "report" page of sorts: I need to combine all of the fields and data shown on one page: report.aspx in the easiest way possible.

I have tried using iFrames, and while I found a way to do it, iFrames are limited in printing capability, and this report.aspx page should be printer friendly. Many pages will span 3 pages vertically, so there is no way around this.

Does anybody know of a way to achieve this task? I am totally stumped. Note that I am not a web developer, so my javascript skills are limited at best. My last resort is to copy all of the .aspx pages into one big form, and just bring over all the code behind, but this is VERY messy as the code behind is somewhat complex. If I can find a less rudamentary way of doing this, I would very much appreciate any help/suggestions! Even if there is a way to combine pages into a PDF file, that is an acceptable solution, but again, I would not know how to do that...

Thank you!

T. Andreasen

Ty Andreasen

Replies

Replied 18 Feb 2009 02:04:41
18 Feb 2009 02:04:41 Andrew Watson replied:
One way would be to use a wee bit of ajax to call the aspx pages on the fly, and write their output to a report.html page....

Reply to this topic