Forums

This topic is locked

CSS Image Gallery: Strange, broken, relative paths problem in DW8

Posted 13 Feb 2009 03:28:09
has voted
13 Feb 2009 03:28:09 Jon Jaques posted:
Hello, I'm using DW8, and I just setup a super simple test site to test out the CSS Image Gallery Extension. I run the through the extension screen, it properly imports and resizes all the images and builds the gallery code, but I can immediately see a problem with the code... all of my paths look like this:

"../../../Inetpub/wwwroot/DMXTest/Gallery/Alaska.jpg"

The physical path to the site on my drive is:

D:\InetPub\wwwroot\DMXTest

And so it appears that the extension is mapping the relative path according to the *drive root* rather than by the *site root*... This would never work if I were to publish it to the Internet!

As I started out by saying, my DW site setup is super-simple -- only the local info is configured, and the site can be correctly access via localhost/DMXTest/

Anybody have any ideas what's going on and how to fix it? I can search and replace this out, and the page works, but I have a feeling that this is going to cause me more problems if I don't get to the bottom of it.

Thanks in advance!

--Jon
Edited by - Jon Jaques on 13 Feb 2009  04:10:08

Replies

Replied 06 Mar 2009 17:25:31
06 Mar 2009 17:25:31 George Petrov replied:
Please read this: www.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/42869/

George
Replied 06 Mar 2009 19:00:04
06 Mar 2009 19:00:04 Jon Jaques replied:
Hello, yes, I noticed that after I'd already posted here, so I posted there as well, and have yet to get a reply. I think this issue is actually a DW issue, but there must be some way for the extension developer to override it because some extensions have the problem and some do not, and it is not limited to DMX extensions.

Reply to this topic