Ajax DataGrid Support Product Page

This topic was archived

SQL type not recognized:

Asked 11 May 2009 07:53:00
has this question
11 May 2009 07:53:00 Robert Queen posted:
I have been having problems with Ajax DataGrid since installing it. Most notably, when I go back to edit a newly created grid Dreamweaver ends up crashing. In an attempt to narrow things down a bit I un-installed ALL extensions with exception of those purchased here at DMXZone (one would reasonably expect these guys ought to be able to coexist amicably) and then opened a new php page where I created a new data grid.

1) I create a grid from the database and successfully review it in a browser.

2) I click the "Advanced" option to edit the grid and find that under the "Content" tab the "Table/view" drop down menu is blank. The formerly selected field data, however, is still showing in the "Grid Columns" window. [see: altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/edit1.jpg]

3) When I re-select the correct table from the "Table/view" drop down menu the prior selected information over in the "Grid Columns" window disappears. [see: altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/edit2.jpg]

4) When I try to move a column field back over to the "Grid Columns" window, Dreamweaver crashes. [see: altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/edit5.jpg]

5) I re-open the page I was working on in Dreamweaver, click on the data grid then click on the "Advanced" button whereupon I have to click through 5 or 6 error messages all with the same message: SQL type not recognized [see: altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/dmxerror.jpg]

I am able to replicate this same series of events over and over with some variation. Sometimes the "SQL type not recognized" error messages come up before the "Advanced" palette even opens all the way. Sometimes I can move 2 or 3 columns over to the "Grid Columns" window after the original info disappears, hit SAVE and review the page in a browser successfully but on my next try to edit the data grid the "Table/view" drop down menu will be again be blank, I'll get the "SQL type not recognized" error messages and etc.

I'm using Mac OS 10.5.6, with Dreamweaver CS4 and Ajax DataGrid 1.0.5 on 2.8 GHz Mac Pro with 10GB memory.

IN ADDITION: PHP Version 5.2.6; MySQL 5.0.45; Apache/2.2.9.

I created a DW recordset which is displayed below the data grid at: altblue.net/devdev4.php

ALSO:

When I click on the data grid when displayed under Live View in Dreamweaver I get an error message from the server which fills the area where the db data would normally appear. I didn't want to include the rather long error message here but I uploaded it to: altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/error.php
Edited by - Robert Queen on 11 May 2009  18:05:45

Edited by - Robert Queen on 28 May 2009  00:23:30

Edited by - Robert Queen on 28 May 2009  00:25:33

Replies

Replied 12 May 2009 12:09:44
12 May 2009 12:09:44 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Robert,

I checked your problem and it does not seem to be our extension's problem. Please go to: MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe: Dreamweaver CS 4 : en_US: Configuration : and delete the cache file. Reinstall the extension and check your database again.
Replied 12 May 2009 22:55:45
12 May 2009 22:55:45 Robert Queen replied:
I did exactly as you instructed:
  • deleted the cache file, MacFileCache-BD86CF80.dat
  • removed the Ajax extension and re-installed it
  • opened a new page, created a data grid, saved and reviewed the results

When I got back to DW and tried to edit the grid through the "Advanced" option... same messages, same problem. The data grid shows up fine, I just cannot edit it after initially creating it.

altblue.net/devdev8.php

Is there anything in there that can help resolve the problem?

I saved the server error message again that I receive in dreamweaver when trying to view the code using "Live View":

altblue.net/HxIMGS/f-TEMP/error2.php

I re-installed MySQL, upgrading to MySQL 5.1.34: same problem. It would be helpful if someone could point me in a direction where I might try to solve this problem. Is it a permissions problem? PHP? Javascript? Database? Where is the error coming from? JSON? MySQL? Dreamweaver? Extensions? Mac OS X?

I don't want to go mucking around with things and chancing further potential errors where it's not necessary. If this isn't going to be a simple problem to resolve then maybe I should return the extension and move on?

Edited by - Robert Queen on 13 May 2009  02:55:52

Edited by - Robert Queen on 28 May 2009  00:25:50
Replied 13 May 2009 12:48:20
13 May 2009 12:48:20 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Dear Robert,

Do you have any other extensions installed? The problem may come from conflict with another extension. Please also send to a dump of your database to test if it is ok.
Replied 13 May 2009 22:59:20
13 May 2009 22:59:20 Robert Queen replied:
FIRSTLY:

In the very FIRST paragraph of my initial message I STATE:

In an attempt to narrow things down a bit I un-installed ALL extensions with exception of those purchased here at DMXZone (one would reasonably expect these guys ought to be able to coexist amicably)

In my 2 messages to this forum I enumerate the steps I've taken to troubleshoot the problem and I have uploaded images and offered links to pages as references - all in an effort to provide the information necessary to try and resolve the problem and not have to waste time waiting on and responding to questions like:

Do you have any other extensions installed?

SECONDLY:

The whole point of purchasing these extensions - as advertised, prominently, on this site...

"Dreamweaver extensions make your life easier. They reduce, or completely remove the use for hand coding. "

...and the reason I paid 194.00 USD for this extension (Mac OS X cost me what? 120.00 USD???) was not to have to go google and figure out on my own what a a database dump is and how to do it. Why not spend an extra 20 seconds and include in your response some tidbit of instruction as to whether a database dump involves the table structure.... export of it's content.... some sort of table query.... what??????

PLEASE THINK:

The whole idea behind DMXZone and the sale of extensions and tutorials is to help the web developer produce attractive and interactive sites EFFICIENTLY precisely because the developer who utilzes a service like DMXZone has to wear several hats and has to have some inkling of knowledge covering such diverse areas as graphics (what's a pixel?) to layout (what's an em?) to HTML (what's source code?) to server-side lanhuages (what's js, php?) to networking (IP?) to database construction (table query?), hardware admistration, marketing and bookkeeping and who can't POSSIBLY have expertise in every area.

So don't "dump" a response like the one you just did on me Mr. Teodor Kuduschiev and flit off and away leaving me feel rather inept because I don't know what a table dump exactly is or how to go about doing one. Help Me Out! SUPPORT FORUM, does that ring a bell????

This whole process is not efficient and has cost me considerable time Mr. Teodor Kuduschiev. And it needn't have if only you, or whoever responds to these posts, would take the time to read more fully the messages you receive and offer responses that address more fully and comprehensively the poster's concerns.

Unlike the man who took his cleaner's to court for 54 million USD because they didn't give him 100% satisfaction, I only want to fix the problem and move on.
Replied 13 May 2009 23:23:55
13 May 2009 23:23:55 George Petrov replied:
Hi Robert,

I understand your situation and and very glad for the detailed report that you send. I can see the problem, however this should really work fine. There must be something very unique in your situation that causes the problem.

Could you please zip and send me the your php page as well the generated page in /ajax_servers/dmx_gridxx.php

mail to

Also couold you explain your site structure? Do you have a single DW site definition for your live site or do you manage multiple live sites under your DW site definition?

Is the ajax_servers folder in your site root?

Thanks,
George
Replied 15 May 2009 20:31:17
15 May 2009 20:31:17 Robert Queen replied:
I sent the information Mr. Petrov requested a coupla days ago but forgot to indicate that yes, the ajax folders are located at root level on my server. I've still had no luck figuring the problem I'm having out.

On the plus side, I HAVE gotten much better at creating my own data grids through Dreamweaver's own extensions.

What I need to know is if I can get a refund for my purchase of Ajax DataGrid if I can't get it to work even though it's past the 30 day time deadline for doing so.

Edited by - Robert Queen on 15 May 2009  20:34:00
Replied 19 May 2009 02:17:59
19 May 2009 02:17:59 Robert Queen replied:
Hello? I guess if there's not going to be a resolution to this problem I'm having with Ajax DataGrid then I'd like to pursue more seriously getting a refund. I sent Mr. Petrov the information he asked for but have had no reply since. I'm feeling underwhelmed with the all the support I've gotten.
Replied 25 May 2009 01:58:26
25 May 2009 01:58:26 Robert Queen replied:
I've written Mr. Petrov again and have not yet received a reply. Surely there is some way to resolve the problem I am still having with this extension.

Some suggestions as to where to look in order to identify and resolve the problem, other than those already mentioned, would be welcome.

1) I have uninstalled all other extensions.
2) I have thown away the cache file at MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe: Dreamweaver CS 4 : en_US: Configuration :
3) I have successfully created, used and edited a Dreamweaver recordeset using the same db table.
4) I sent the information Mr. Petrov requested and have not heard back from him.
5) I sent a followup message to Mr. Petrov and have not received a reply.
6) I've inquired about getting a refund and have not received a response.

I'm trying not to angry or write something snarky in this forum but really, I have received NO support on this issue.

ADDITIONALLY:

- I have now uninstalled AND removed all extensions including Ajax DataGrid.

- I uninstalled and installed Dreamweaver CS4

- I downloaded a new copy of Ajax DataGrid and installed it as the SOLE extension

And still have the same exact problem as before.

Edited by - Robert Queen on 25 May 2009  06:37:16
Replied 25 May 2009 14:02:47
25 May 2009 14:02:47 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Dear Robert,
You will be notified as soon as we find out where your problem is. We are currently working on this issue.

Reply to this topic