DMXzone Lightbox Support Product Page

This topic was archived

SpryData and Lightbox

Reported 15 May 2009 20:44:42
has this problem
15 May 2009 20:44:42 Manny Sanchez posted:
Does it work with SpryData. Normally ive tried all flavors of the Lightbox, Thickbox, etc. But they break down when I load XML data via the Spry framework.

Can I use the SpryData. If yes this is the product I have been looking for[?]

Replies

Replied 18 May 2009 14:47:09
18 May 2009 14:47:09 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Manny,

DMXzone Lightbox works with SpryData. But there is something that you must have in mind using those two together:
SpryData script is checking the page and generates the required from SpryRepeat HTML code. menawile dmxLightbox is checking the page for components that are intended to be displayed by it. So if SpryData haven't generated the HTML yet and dmxLightbox has already checked the page it will not work. In fact when testing , that situation appeared few times but enough to be frustrating. That's why you need to add to your link tags (I assume you will create thumb links) the following parameters:
----------------------------
<div spry:region="ds1">
<span spry:repeat="ds1">
<a href="../test_FAG2034/{@filename}" rel="dmxLightbox" onclick="DMX.Lightbox.open('', this.href)">[img]../test_FAG2034/{@thumbnail}" /></a>
</span>
</div>
----------------------------
This is in order for you to be sure that dmxLightbox will check for its related html tags again and to prevent it from malfunction because of the SpryData have not generated its tags yet.

If you have any other questions regarding this or any other extension don't hesitate to ask

Replied 18 May 2009 22:02:53
18 May 2009 22:02:53 Manny Sanchez replied:
Thanks for the answer. Just what I was looking for. After I buy it ill test it further.

Thanks
Manny S.
Replied 18 May 2009 23:17:57
18 May 2009 23:17:57 George Petrov replied:
HI All,

I found a much easier way to combine Spry Data and DMXzone Lightbox by using the Open DMXzone Lightbox behavior. We will have a small update of the Lightbox on Wednesday so it will work perfectly without any codding!

Greetings,
George

Reply to this topic