CSS Form Designer Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Beginner help - RESOLVED

Asked 18 Jul 2009 00:12:15
has this question
18 Jul 2009 00:12:15 james kirk posted:
Hi,
I've never used a DW extensions before and I believe that I have installed it properly.
I have no idea how to launch the program.

Please help

Replies

Replied 20 Jul 2009 10:36:47
20 Jul 2009 10:36:47 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi James,

Is there a DMX Tab on the Insert bar? If you click this, the CSS Form Designer should show. If there is no DMX tab, could you specify your DW version ans OS for the Zone Administrators?

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 31 Jul 2009 20:47:15
31 Jul 2009 20:47:15 Wayne Parks replied:
Hi,
I have the same problem.....downloaded and installed CCS Form Designer. It shows up in my extension manager however there is no relavent entry in the insert menu. I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and Windows XP Pro with all updates.

Edited by - Wayne Parks on 31 Jul 2009  20:52:06
Replied 31 Jul 2009 21:59:47
31 Jul 2009 21:59:47 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

Can you confirm, that u are using no other commercial DMX Zone extensions?

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 01 Aug 2009 00:27:40
01 Aug 2009 00:27:40 Kellie Bonello replied:
hey there,

i'm in the same boat as wayne and not using any other commercial DMX extns. how to launch this one??

thanks
Replied 01 Aug 2009 01:17:27
01 Aug 2009 01:17:27 Maura Franklin replied:
Oh no! I'm in the same boat with the Form Designer....It's installed in the extension mgr, but I can't launch it.

I'm using CS3 with Windows Vista.

Can't wait to try it. Thanks!
Replied 01 Aug 2009 02:20:22
01 Aug 2009 02:20:22 Wayne Parks replied:
Patrick,
Not sure, the only other extension I have installed is List-O-Rama and it also dosn't show up were it is supposed to. My Extension Manager lists both as installed. I did follow your instructions from another thread:

1. Uninstall the extension through the Extension Manager
2. Delete Dreamweavers cache file. This is called WinFileCache-[random_numbers].dat and is located at:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration.
Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration.
3. Restart Dreamweaver.
4. Install the extension again

The weird thing is that there are two configeration files Configuration and Configuration-1. It appears that the config-1 folder is not being used as the new cache file is only in the config folder and Form designer dosn'e show up in the extensions in the config-1 folder. Is it safe to delete the config-1 folder? There are differences but not sure how they would affect Dreamweaver's performance.

CS4 Build 4117, Windows XP Pro

Replied 01 Aug 2009 10:23:05
01 Aug 2009 10:23:05 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi James, Wayne, Kellie, Maura,

Could all of you check if the folder DMXZone exist at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\DreamweaverVersion\en_US\Configuration\Objects

Next please open the file insertbar.xml at the location above. Doubleclick it to open in Dreaweaver. Scroll to the end and check if the following code has been inserted:

<category folder="DMXzone" id="DMXzone_Common" name="DMXzone">
		<button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />
	</category>

Please post your findings so I can come up with a solution!

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 01 Aug 2009  10:35:26
Replied 01 Aug 2009 16:20:45
01 Aug 2009 16:20:45 Wayne Parks replied:
Patrick,
the folder DMXzone is there and it contains the following files:
dmxCssFormDesigner.htm
dmxCssFormDesigner.png

copied from my insertbar.xml....

<button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />
	</category>

So lookls like that is OK here,
Wayne

Edited by - Wayne Parks on 01 Aug 2009  16:24:41
Replied 02 Aug 2009 17:52:42
02 Aug 2009 17:52:42 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

Just a quick test. Could you try and install the DMX Updater (www.dmxzone.com/go?15527) and see if that creates the DMX tab. Otherwise could you install the DMX Youtubizer (www.dmxzone.com/go?14352) and see if that does the trick in creating the tab.

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 02 Aug 2009  17:53:47
Replied 02 Aug 2009 19:53:33
02 Aug 2009 19:53:33 Wayne Parks replied:
Patrick,
I installed DMX Updater and did not notice any change. Installed DMX Youtubizer and after restarting there is now a DMXzone tab in the insert menu and there is an entry for both the DMX Updater and the DMX Youtubizer in the "Commands" menu where I didn't check after installing the updater. The DMXzone tab had an arrow but only DMX Youtubizer showed up. I decided to uninstall and then reinstall Form Designer but that still didn't help. I also opened DMX Updater and the DMX Form Designer does not show as being an installed extension. Sorry for all the problems but I'm sure that you also want this solved.
This is in the new insertbar.xml

<button file="DMXzone\DMXzone Updater.htm" id="DMX_updater" image="DMXzone\DMXzone Updater.png" name="DMXzone Updater" />
		<button file="DMXzone\DMXzone YouTubizer.htm" id="DMX_youTubizer" image="DMXzone\DMXzone YouTubizer.png" name="DMXzone YouTubizer" />
	</category>

I notice that there is a difference in the code of the first two extensions and Form designer could this be the problem?

Wayne
Replied 02 Aug 2009 20:53:45
02 Aug 2009 20:53:45 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

This could very well be the problem. Lets edit the insertbar.xml and see if that solves it:
Try editing the line for the CSS Form Designer so that it becomes:

<button file="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

Save the file and restart DW. Hope this works, so we can give word to the developers and have them edit the extension! The CSS Form Designer not showing as an installed extension is indeed something that needed to be fixed also. There is however no relation to the extension not appearing in the Objects-bar.

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 02 Aug 2009  20:57:44
Replied 02 Aug 2009 21:24:00
02 Aug 2009 21:24:00 Wayne Parks replied:
Partrick,
Sorry to say that didn't change anything nor did it hurt anything that I'm aware of.

Wayne
Replied 02 Aug 2009 21:54:03
02 Aug 2009 21:54:03 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

Just to be sure, now that you have the DMX tab. Could you remove the CSS Form Designer extension, delete the cache file and install the extension again.
If this doesn't work, I have to let someone from the support team take it from here.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 02 Aug 2009 23:02:27
02 Aug 2009 23:02:27 Wayne Parks replied:
Patrick,
Un-installed DMX Form Designer, restarted Dreamweaver CS4, deleted the cache file, and re-installed Form Designer. Restarted Dreamweaver and still no Form Designer in the DMXzone tab. and it still dosn't show up on the DMX Updater as an installed extension. By the way I have tried both "with" and "without an html file opened in Dreamweaver.
Wayne
Replied 02 Aug 2009 23:06:30
02 Aug 2009 23:06:30 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

Sorry, but I'm all out of options. I'll inform the DMX Support Team and ask them to look into this further.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 03 Aug 2009 01:27:18
03 Aug 2009 01:27:18 Wayne Parks replied:
no need to appologize Partrick, I am impressed with your knowledge and desire to help.
Thanks for all your time.
Replied 03 Aug 2009 06:12:37
03 Aug 2009 06:12:37 Maura Franklin replied:
I'm no wizard, but here is how I found the Form Designer and got it to work:

With DW open (I use CS3), click on the Insert tab at the top and go down to Customize Favorites.

In the Available Objects box, scroll all the way to the bottom and there you will see:

DMXzone
---CSS Form Designer

Highlight it and move it over to the Favorite Objects box.

Click OK to get out and now click on the View tab in DW. Go down to Toolbars and activate the Insert toolbar. I did not have this one previously activated. When it popped up, there was the DMXzone tab and once that was clicked on the Form Designer icon was there on the far left.

Works for me and I hope this will help a few folks.
Replied 03 Aug 2009 07:19:27
03 Aug 2009 07:19:27 Wayne Parks replied:
Maura,
Thanks for your post. I am using CS4 and under my toolbars tab in view there is no "insert" toolbar. I have an "Insert" tab on the top menu where DMXzone showes up but it dosn't show Form Designer, just the YouTubizer that I installed per Patrick's instructions.
On the insert tab under "Customize Favorites" near the bottom I did find what you said in the available objects box. I did move Form Designer over. But it still dosn't show up anywhere even after closing and restarting Dreameaver.
Thanks anyway,
Wayne

Edited by - Wayne Parks on 03 Aug 2009  07:20:44
Replied 03 Aug 2009 09:48:23
03 Aug 2009 09:48:23 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello to all using CS4,

please, verify that at following location :

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\DreamweaverVersion\en_US\Configuration\Objects\DMXzone\

you have following files:

dmxCssFormDesigner.png
dmxCssFormStyler.htm

this will verify that you got all files placed as required.
If those files or at least one of them is missing, please, provide this info here to receive a notice on your further actions. If those files are present in that location, please, check if the path set in insertbar.xml is correct.

Regards,
Replied 03 Aug 2009 09:59:28
03 Aug 2009 09:59:28 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Miro,

Wayne checked this and all the files are in place. The location in the insertbar.xml was wrong, but after changing that, it still did not appear under the DMXZone tab.

Patrick
Replied 03 Aug 2009 10:13:58
03 Aug 2009 10:13:58 Miroslav Zografski replied:
OK,
Wayne,

Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\DreamweaverVersion\en_US\Configuration\Objects
open the insertbar.xml as you have already added the CSS Form Designer to your favorites in insert tab. Find the line that says:

<category name="Favorites" folder="Favorites" id="DW_Insertbar_Favorites">
           <button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormStyler.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStylerFav" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormStyler.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

and modify it to :

<category name="Favorites" folder="Favorites" id="DW_Insertbar_Favorites">
           <button file="DMXzone\dmxCssFormStyler.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStylerFav" image="DMXzone\dmxCssFormStyler.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

Also for the line :

<button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormStyler.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStylerFav" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormStyler.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

in the DMXzone part of the insertbar.xml (usually right after the favorites part) correct it as follows:

<button file="DMXzone\dmxCssFormStyler.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStylerFav" image="DMXzone\dmxCssFormStyler.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

E D I T:

I know that did not worked for you, Wayne, but try now to set the view of your DW UI to DESIGNER. This way you will get the Insert bar as described by Maura.

Regards,
Replied 03 Aug 2009 16:39:22
03 Aug 2009 16:39:22 Wayne Parks replied:
Miro,
Ok I did what you said (had done most before), opened "Designer" and under the insert tab
dxmCSSFormDesigner showes up.....not sure why but I also get the Dreamweaver message "Please put this document in a site before using this feature" . Guess I don't know much about using sites either or the reason to do so.
But that is for a different fourm....at least the extension shows....and I get it to work!!
Thanks to all,
Wayne
Replied 03 Aug 2009 16:49:44
03 Aug 2009 16:49:44 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Wayne,

Glad you went through this. About the site... well... it is good to have a defined site in Dreamweaver in order to get your work in better administration. There is a lot of articles on the web about how to define site and why to do it. I think that Mr. Google can help you finding even some tricks about that.

Regards,
Replied 03 Aug 2009 17:39:09
03 Aug 2009 17:39:09 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Wayne,

Good to hear that it's working now. Have fun and enjoy!

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 03 Aug 2009  20:30:40
Replied 11 Aug 2009 18:21:46
11 Aug 2009 18:21:46 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHi Wayne,

Good to hear that it's working now. Have fun and enjoy!

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 03 Aug 2009  20:30:40

Hi Patrick

I have installed the YouTubeizer and the DMXupdater, I now have the DMXzone tab from my insert bar, but only YouTubeizer is showing from there. The other extentions are showing from the Command tab. I have re-isntalled the CSSFormdesigner again and added all three to my custiomize favorites.

Not sure what else to do now, think I have been getting confused.

Reply to this topic