Sliding Billboard Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Scroll stopping short

Reported 02 Nov 2009 09:04:50
has this problem
02 Nov 2009 09:04:50 Cain Goettelman posted:
The first two 2 I used this tool everything went perfect (once I installted toe 1.0.1 updates). Now the 3rd time I have running into a problem I can not resolved.
The first slide does display the full height. A small portin is cut off. When the slide scrolls up you can see the small portion of the bottom that was cutt off above the new slide (new attached image.)
The URL is www.mccartneysdogs.com
View the a screen capture ate [url}www.mccartneysdogs.com/images/billboard/Page2_Scroll.PNG[/url]

Any thoughts on what I am not doing correctly this time? I have tired various CSS styles such as Basic Tab and Elegant Blue. Both produced the exact same results.

Thank you for your comments.

Cain

Edited by - Cain Goettelman on 02 Nov 2009  09:06:19

Edited by - Cain Goettelman on 02 Nov 2009  09:06:46

Edited by - Cain Goettelman on 02 Nov 2009  09:07:29

Replies

Replied 02 Nov 2009 10:05:50
02 Nov 2009 10:05:50 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Cain,

Have you tried enlarging the Billboard's height or set the Maximum Image height to, for example, 90%?

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 02 Nov 2009 11:16:06
02 Nov 2009 11:16:06 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Cain,

Try to build same billboard in a new page for test.
If the offset appears again let us know. Otherwise, start including one by one each element that adds script or css to your main page. and let us know after which one the offset appears. That will help us more quickly to come up with an workaround.

Regards,
Replied 02 Nov 2009 17:25:18
02 Nov 2009 17:25:18 Cain Goettelman replied:
I believe the problem had to do with a css conflict. Once I defined a font size for <p> in the dmxSlidingBillboard.css the problme went away.

I am not very good with CSS. Any suggestion on how to align the images with the top of the Title text when using Basic Tab style sheet. I am using style LEFT for the layout. I have tried adding vertical-align: text-top; to both the img and li css elements but this has not done the trick.

Thank you for a great product. How customers are very happy with the results I believe these are better than flash because the HTML can be index by the spiders. You should had this as a feature to you list.

Cain
Replied 02 Nov 2009 17:46:57
02 Nov 2009 17:46:57 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Cain,

Thanks for your feedback. The item Search Engine Friendly has apparently disappeared from the Features list, but has been added once again.
Since you are so pleased with the product, please consider writing a review. Just click Write a review on the Extension page.

As for your alignment question. Try using the Float option.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 03 Nov 2009 11:14:38
03 Nov 2009 11:14:38 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Cain,

Images that you have placed in Sliding Billboard get a calculated top style value in order to appear in vertical middle of the element. In order to prevent applying of this top value place following statement in basic_tabs.css file:

.basic_tabs .dmxBillboardView li img {
	top:auto !important;
}

Please, first set a test page in order to check the added statement functionality.

Regards,

Reply to this topic