04 Nov 2009 15:37:07 diana rudolph posted:
I can not get this to work in IE8.

My url is www.tuscsoftware.com/media.html

Replies

Replied 04 Nov 2009 15:54:28
04 Nov 2009 15:54:28 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Diana,

Where is the Popup suppossed to appear?
First try to upload the rollover.js which seems to be missing in the root of your website.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 04 Nov 2009 16:52:44
04 Nov 2009 16:52:44 diana rudolph replied:
May be a silly question but where do I get the rollover.js.The pop up is supposed to display in the middle of the page. This is working fine in firefox.
Replied 04 Nov 2009 17:12:46
04 Nov 2009 17:12:46 diana rudolph replied:
I added the file - it didn't resolve the issue.
Replied 04 Nov 2009 20:28:44
04 Nov 2009 20:28:44 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Diana,

I was actually referring to where I have to click to see the Popup, but I found it. It seems that IE is missing an object. As far as I can tell you're using the standard DW Rollover Images option. What is missing on your page is the Javascript to be able to load the images:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
}
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}
}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
//-->
</script>

Either add this code to the page and see what happens or remove the preloading of the images to test if it works then.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 04 Nov 2009 20:58:35
04 Nov 2009 20:58:35 diana rudolph replied:
This does not work.

Is this product tested and approved for IE8?
Replied 04 Nov 2009 21:16:08
04 Nov 2009 21:16:08 diana rudolph replied:
The primary issue is that the popups aren't closable. They open, but the only way to close them is by refreshing.
Replied 04 Nov 2009 23:07:27
04 Nov 2009 23:07:27 George Petrov replied:
Hi Diana,

You are using our product together with bunch of other scripts on your page that are missing or does not work...

Our product is fully IE8 compatible - but if you put it together on the page with other scripts that breaks it all - the page will not work indeed.

So please remove the other scripts and it will all work.

To begin with your are using some script rollover.js that you a plain html file and not a script file ...

Greetings,
George
Replied 05 Nov 2009 01:41:47
05 Nov 2009 01:41:47 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Diana,

Sorry to see I did not get the chance to help you any further with this. Even after adding the code I suggested, your page is still showing multiple javascript errors. Please do not blame this on the product, since it has been tested on and found working with IE8. IE just handles code, but especially code errors, different then FF.

Have you ever tried just adding a Popup on a new, empty page and previewing that in IE8? That works.

I'd love to help you in finding the cause of this problem, but you need to be patient, troubleshooting normally takes some time!
Anyhow, since you removed the popup from your page, there is nothing more I can do.

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic