Forums

This topic is locked

Case changes in Dreamweaver template revert

Posted 22 Jan 2010 16:26:18
has voted
22 Jan 2010 16:26:18 Dana King posted:
I updated a template in Dreamweaver CS3 and all the files attached to it were successfully updated and posted. However, when I open any of those files now in DW, the changes in case that were made for validation (onClick to onclick, for example) revert to upper case. I know the case reversion happens upon opening any file in DW, because if I open a file in Notepad instead, the current lower case code is present.

Here's a list of what I've tried so far:
1. I tried opening files attached to the template in another copy of DW CS3 on another machine and DW8 - the case changes revert to upper.

2. I re-saved the template and updated all the files again - same problem.

3. I renamed the template and created a new one - same problem.

4. I rebuilt the Dreamweaver cache - same problem.

5. I created a new local copy of the site from the remote files (which are fine as long as I don't post a file that has been opened and reverted). These new local files also revert to the older version of the template when I open them in Dreamweaver.

For now, I have to apply the template again any time a file is opened and the content is changed. I can save the change, post the updated file, and close it... but when I open it again the case changes in the code revert again. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by - Dana King on 22 Jan 2010  19:03:06

Edited by - Dana King on 22 Jan 2010  19:04:21

Replies

Replied 25 Jan 2010 17:42:14
25 Jan 2010 17:42:14 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Dana,

Did you check your Dreamweaver preferences? There are several options for Code Rewriting. Maybe that is what is causing your problem? Just have a look under Edit, Preferences.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 12 Mar 2010 17:23:55
12 Mar 2010 17:23:55 Dana King replied:
Hi Patrick,

Thanks, yes, my code formatting preferences are set to lower case. I've even tried the settings to override the case of tags and attributes and Dreamweaver still converts onload and onclick attributes to upper case. If anyone has any suggestions on getting these settings to work, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dana

Reply to this topic