Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Universal PHP Validator works locally but remotely doesnt

Posted 07 Apr 2010 23:11:04
has voted
07 Apr 2010 23:11:04 Caleb Tomplait posted:
I have installed and properly set up Universal PHP Validator. When I test my form locally my error messages appear correct as I set them in the UPHPV dialog box with CSS styles entact. I have uploaded all files associated with UPHPV to my remote site and it validates however the error messages do not appear by the text fields. They appear in the bottom lower left side of the browser window with no CSS styling. I have tried changing my PHP version from 5 to 4 and I also made sure JS was enabled in my browser. I have tested live in Safari 4 and Firefox 3.5.9. My form is located at

www.tomplaitdesigns.com/ABCoach/contact.php

Please check out my issue so I can resolve the matter.
Thanks

Replies

Replied 09 Apr 2010 23:08:57
09 Apr 2010 23:08:57 Caleb Tomplait replied:
After spending time looking at the way the validator creates files and folders for your validation. It has come to my attention within the code on your PHP page it calls to attache the CSS styles as follow:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="Styles/dmxValidator/validatorHint1.css" type="text/css" />

As I looked at this, it is accessing the "Styles" folder within my site which was created during the initial process of running the PHP Validation tool. You will notice within the code that "Styles" has a capital "S" at the beginning, however the folder that the PHP Validator created within my site is called "styles" with a lower case "s". For some reason this works fine locally but when uploaded to my server it creates a case sensitive error therefore ignoring the CSS files for my form making it appear to be broken. This is something that should be fixed in the plugin for future users. Its an easy fix on my side as I just capitalized the "s" on my "styles" folder. Thanks

Reply to this topic