Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

How do I create a recordset from a cloned repeating region (for search)

Posted 18 Apr 2010 07:04:51
has voted
18 Apr 2010 07:04:51 John Murphy posted:
Hi.

I have been following a very Good(if somewhat outdated) tut on creating a search function for a site I am developing.

The link is here: www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/recordstore_part2_php.html

I have completed it successfully and adapted it to the site in question however I need to add pagination to the search results. For that I need a record set for the repeating region to behave as intended - ie. but only deliver 6 results per page... the tut though did not go that far...

the intitial repeat region works fine... where all records are paginated to 6 items per page but the search spills out over my page footer... ugly!!!

I am only using 1 table and since I already have a recordset assigned to that I am not sure how to set up a pseudo recordset that will make the repeat region behaviour work for the search results,

Hope someone can provide a quick fix.

Thanks in advance
Edited by - John Murphy on 18 Apr 2010  07:24:56

Replies

Replied 19 Apr 2010 20:06:23
19 Apr 2010 20:06:23 John Murphy replied:
'Is there anybody there?' said the Traveller,
Knocking on the moonlit door;
And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
Of the forest's ferny floor.

- when things fo BUMP in the night....

Hope the experts and expert volunteers dont feel the solution to this is too easy for them and might kill a few braincells. I join forums because I need help (dsometimes urgently). I am often a totañ Newb in some cases - in others been working for years with an app but have a bug or a quirk that neds ironing out!

This thread was posted intially 3 days ago now and not a hint of a replym making me again question the value of forums.

Reply to this topic