Online Page Editor Add-on Support Product Page

This topic was archived by George Petrov on 2/7/2012 12:03:52 PM
reason: no user response

this add-on has never worked.

Reported 27 Apr 2011 18:52:13
has this problem
27 Apr 2011 18:52:13 peter hart posted:
I have raised this and never heard anything back - but I tried the latest update - and it still doesn't work,
I have DW CS4, an established site in HTML with PHP enabled on the server.
The site is defined within DW.
Step 1: I choose my site, I then create a blank page from DW and save it as newpage.html in the site (it defaults to this location)
I press the online page editor icon and follow the dialog box - when I click on finish, the first problem is DW says my page is located outside a Dreamweaver site definition have files outside of the site and some of the extensions might not work correctly. Ok that as there is nothing I can do as the file is in the site and then DW uploads lots of files to the website (the site).
I then upload the new file, but I know this will not work as looking at the source the only addition to the file is
the code at the end of this post - there are no includes to tell the code where the js code is located.
I have retried this with other sites and oither files and the results are random sometimes some of the includes are, but mainly they are missing. I should add if I manually add the includes before the code it still complains about certainmethods not being defined.

the only code that gets inserted is:

<script type="text/javascript">
/* dmxPageEditor name "dmxPageEditorGlobals" */
jQuery(document).ready(
function()
{
jQuery("body".dmxPageEditor(
{activationKey:"ctr+f2", editDreamweaverRegions:false, editableRegionsList:"maincontent", securityMethod:"login", actionUrl:"dmxPageEditor.php", editorConfig:{extensions:[]}}
);
}
);
/* END dmxPageEditor name "dmxPageEditorGlobals" */
</script>

is it only me that is having problems?

Replies

Replied 27 Apr 2011 20:15:54
27 Apr 2011 20:15:54 peter hart replied:
Replied 27 Apr 2011 20:43:51
27 Apr 2011 20:43:51 George Petrov replied:
Hi Peter,

I haven't saw any previous post from you on this issue...

Anyway seems you don't have a site defined in Dreamweaver as the message states. You should make sure you save the page you are creating in a site defined in Dreamweaver.

Otherwise just as you see all files can not be linked and copied. So that is now the case you are missing all required files ...

See this video from Adobe how to define site: www.adobe.com/designcenter/dreamweaver/articles/lrvid4050_dw.html

Greetings,
George
Replied 27 Apr 2011 21:09:11
27 Apr 2011 21:09:11 peter hart replied:
thanks for the reply -
Hmm.... site not defined..... I have been using DW for 7 years and have always defined my sites as defined my DW.
when I create a page without your add-in it creates and stores thepage just fine and using other extensions - it works just fine
when I use your "online editor" - when I finish going through the boxes the error is:
"your page is located outside a Dreamweaver site definition..." which it isn't
please consider: I know how to set up a DW site and define pages inside the site design and can implement websites usingDW with either ASP,PHP,JS, HTML etc.. and please consider there may be a problem with how your extension interacts with DW CS4 and other third party extensions.
if you want I can export the site definition and send it you (with the FTP password removed) and detail exactly with steps I take.
Replied 27 Apr 2011 21:59:54
27 Apr 2011 21:59:54 George Petrov replied:
hmm that is weird then... Could you provide some path info? Like where is you site store locally - what is the name of the page and path you are creating.

Also your site server and OS version.

You can site me also the site export as well - send to

Greetings,
George

Reply to this topic