Forums

This topic is locked

DMXZone Site: Obsolete Extensions, Bad Links, Missing Images

Posted 28 Aug 2012 14:43:13
has voted
28 Aug 2012 14:43:13 Peter Piper posted:
Dear DMXZone: First, let me say I had to post this here in a forum because there seems to be no other way to contact anyone at DMXZones.

Second: You've got some nice extensions and I've purchased a few of them. But, your website needs some serious attention: Bad links, missing images, and items that should be removed... Case in point:

I came across a "free" ASPDataGrid extension at:

www.dmxzone.com/go/4739/asp-datagrid-object/

Now what poor slob developer would not download a "free" ASP data grid extension and try it out, right?

For starters, the page for the above referenced free extension has place-holders for images that are missing.

In any case, I downloaded and installed the extension (yep, I took the bait), created the data connection, etc, etc... To make a long story short, the extension is useless because of a bad license file (probably expired milleniums ago), and the link to the original authors site is no longer valid.

And trying to send email to the author( ) results in a rejection as SPAM by his site (and the website is all in German with no contact form either).

This whole process was very intriging and I was licking my chops at the prospect of a useful and "free" extension only to find that the whole thing was a total waste of time.

So in closing, I ask that DMXZone consider removing the above link - it's a total waste of anyone's time - and similar links. That way, we'll all be certain that what's on the DMXZone site is current and works.

Thanks.

Replies

Replied 28 Aug 2012 14:56:34
28 Aug 2012 14:56:34 Patrick Woldberg replied:
I have disabled the page, seems that the author is indeed not active anymore. A lot of pages/articles here at DMXzone are placed by 3rd party authors, we have an approval system that we first verify the content, but for old content we currently don't have a cleanup. If you see a page or article that is not valid or has missing images/links, feel free to contact us to remove the page.

Reply to this topic