Forums

This topic is locked

CSS3 Drop Shadows extension -- no settings for opacity, blur etc.?

Posted 05 Oct 2012 06:08:39
has voted
05 Oct 2012 06:08:39 David Ainbender posted:
Hi,

It seems that the new CSS 3 Drop Shadows extension interface does not have control settings for opacity, blur or spread, color etc. to control the shadow and how it appears. That's at least what I can discern from looking at your website.

I was very excited about this extension being released, but am somewhat disappointed about the lack of these controls in the interface. I suppose I could go in and muck around with the CSS code. But, I really don't like to do that and it defeats for me the benefit of using an extension, and, I read it took a quick stab at that using Safari's Web Inspector feature and found that changing the opacity was not changing the opacity of the shadow.

In any event, I really hate having to muck around with complicated CSS code. That's the beauty of your extensions. If what I think as I say above is true, then it is unfortunate that these controls were not also included in the interface for the new extension.

So, my questions are:

1. Please confirm whether I'm correct in thinking that the GUI interface does not have control settings to control how the shadow looks (apart from its position and location) with settings such as color, blur, spread, etc.

2. If I'm correct that it does not have these controls, will you be adding them and if so when? Also, does the manual gives very detailed, clear and good instructions on how to alter the appearance of the shadows in terms of opacity, color, spread, etc.

I very much would want to be able to change this depending on the site and design involves, and do so easily through a GUI interface provided by the extension, rather than having to dig into the CSS 3 code myself.

I'm very eager to purchase the extension, but wanted this information before deciding whether to do so.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

David

Reply to this topic