Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Missing Parameters in Query String

Posted 09 Aug 2001 02:38:07
has voted
09 Aug 2001 02:38:07 Pablo Deeleman posted:
Hello!

I`m new to PHP and now i am using Phakt 1.0.1 to develop a little personal project in PHP. Everything goes fine till I develop my validation and INSERT forms, where i suffer usually the same problem.

The server returns this message in the header when serving the validation page:

Warning: Undefined variable: QUERY_STRING in c:\inetpub\webpub\default.php on line 15

Warning: Undefined variable: Username in c:\inetpub\webpub\default.php on line 16

And lines 15 and 16 are as follows:

if ($QUERY_STRING!="" $KT_LoginAction .= "?".$QUERY_STRING;
$KT_valUsername=$Username;

Looks like this piece of code asks the current URL to return any parameters at the right to append them to he KT_LoginAction variable and initializes as well the KT_valUsername variable with the 'username' content of the form, but it performs this operation BEFORE the form is submitted, so no information has been given yet and then the scripts ends up in an error.

IMPORTANT: Validation script and validation form are located in the same page. I`ve tried to place the form in a previous page and pass the form values using the GET method to a secondary file with the embedded validation script, and it worked, but this solution supposes that the password information travels unencrypted in the URL, so this solution does not fit my needs (and supposes form duplication).

I`m using Phakt´s last release under Win2K, over a MySQL database connected through JDBC.

Any hint you could provide will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

P. Deeleman
www.deelemanonline.net

Replies

Replied 09 Aug 2001 16:29:36
09 Aug 2001 16:29:36 Tim Green replied:
Pablo,

This question has been answered before.

The answer to your question lies in the locked thread 'Phakt'.

www.udzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8961&FORUM_ID=67&CAT_ID=5&Topic_Title=Phakt&Forum_Title=PHP

Once you have the answer, please ensure you read the Forum FAQ (the link is in my signature). Always remember to look for the answer first.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Edited by - rawveg on 08/09/2001 16:30:41

Reply to this topic