Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHAkt keeps on over-writing my code...

Posted 13 Aug 2001 22:30:16
has voted
13 Aug 2001 22:30:16 crazy larry posted:
Hello,

Anyone else notice that PHAkt keeps on refreshing/rewriting/etc. the scripts or adds to them?

EXample:

I create a PHP page with a form,etc.
I save the file and test it.
Then go modifiy/add code or comment out
some code, then test it again.

When I go back and look at the code, UD or PHAkt has changed my code or added the whole original script again. So it is in file twice.

Is this just me or is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Replies

Replied 13 Aug 2001 22:38:39
13 Aug 2001 22:38:39 Tim Green replied:
I've not personally come across this problem at all.

About the only thing that PHAkT will do is to remove spaces between PHP Code Blocks, which is essential to prevent possible problems with HTTP Headers.

It is possible (and this is a long shot) that you are trying to write some code that for some reason is being picked up by one of the server behaviours and is being recognized as incomplete, but then again, all that happens in this instance is there should be a red exclamation mark in the ServerBehaviors palette, to show that the behaviour is incomplete.

One tip, which might solve your problem though, is to ensure that you follow good PHP coding style and practice by using the
<?php
?>
method of encapsulating your code blocks.

If you are already doing this, and the problem persists, post a code sample here, along with a full list of the steps to reproduce the problem. If I (or any other of the members here) can reproduce then you can safely report it as a bug.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic