Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

searching

Posted 23 Aug 2001 22:11:23
has voted
23 Aug 2001 22:11:23 Keith Slater posted:
Whats the best way to multiple searching. Such as: a person search by First Name, Last Name, and City. and display the right results? Is their an extension that does this or is that one of the things that Nextensio does? Any help is welcomed

thanks

Keith Slater

Replies

Replied 24 Aug 2001 03:50:02
24 Aug 2001 03:50:02 Tim Green replied:
Nextensio does have support for searching, based on field contents, though I am not sure it is implemented in the way you may be requiring.

At the moment there are no extensions available that will make this task any easier for you, though I will consider creating such an extension.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee when I can do this, as for the next week or so I am extremely busy, and won't be available at all, as I will be away.

I will look into this when I return.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 24 Aug 2001 15:17:27
24 Aug 2001 15:17:27 Keith Slater replied:
Hey thats cool Tim, thanks a lot

Keith Slater
Replied 24 Aug 2001 16:38:28
24 Aug 2001 16:38:28 Keith Slater replied:
Hey along with the topic of Nextensio, does it allow you to submit a form into 2 different tables at once?

thanks

Keith Slater
Replied 24 Aug 2001 16:46:59
24 Aug 2001 16:46:59 Bruno Mairlot replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

At the moment there are no extensions available that will make this task any easier for you, though I will consider creating such an extension.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee when I can do this, as for the next week or so I am extremely busy, and won't be available at all, as I will be away.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Tim,

If you don't mind it, I'm volunteer to do it, and we could try to do that together ...

I just have to finish (mostly polish work) my Advanced Authentication Extension, then I could do it.

What do you think ?

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi

Edited by - Maehdros on 08/24/2001 16:49:22
Replied 25 Aug 2001 03:26:13
25 Aug 2001 03:26:13 Tim Green replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey along with the topic of Nextensio, does it allow you to submit a form into 2 different tables at once?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

It allows for multiple inserts/updates/deletes in one action, yes. Though again, possibly not in the way you are envisaging just yet. Though this is one of the core project aims.

Tim Green

by developers.
Replied 25 Aug 2001 03:28:28
25 Aug 2001 03:28:28 Tim Green replied:
If you don't mind it, I'm volunteer to do it, and we could try to do that together ...

Thanks for the kind offer, but in this instance I must politely decline.

I have a personal extension that has this functionality already, but it requires a little reworking before public release.

Tim Green

by developers.

Reply to this topic