Layer Genie Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

first tutorial

Asked 21 Mar 2006 16:39:15
has this question
21 Mar 2006 16:39:15 Jeff Judice posted:
horizontal navigation menu with sub menu

i follow along well and test my app, the drop down menu is on the bar. even though i specify the area is on hte middle od th page with layer properties. how do i control the location of the drop down additionally the first menu is visible the selected menu is layer 4.

this can be sen at
www.jeff.desertwebsolutions.com/menutest/testmenu.htm

Replies

Replied 28 Mar 2006 18:50:41
28 Mar 2006 18:50:41 Jeff Judice replied:
what i menat was that.. is that what you meant on the anchor to document
and not anchor to image....?

and could i use persistan layer on that applicatin.. i am with you on the top menu...
but again about the persistant layer..

jeff
Replied 29 Mar 2006 16:34:22
29 Mar 2006 16:34:22 Jeff Judice replied:
hello, did you catch my last reply ?
Replied 29 Mar 2006 16:43:04
29 Mar 2006 16:43:04 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hello, did you catch my last reply ?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
No sorry, I hadn't seen that other reply.

Since this menu is simply located on the left hand side of the window, at a fixed distance from the top of the window, there is no need to use either the anchoring feature of Layer Genie or a persisten layer.
Just position the toplevel menulayer right using its native X/Y coordinates.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 01 Apr 2006 04:13:09
01 Apr 2006 04:13:09 Jeff Judice replied:
ok,, how about scroller genie... at www.pshog.desertwebsolutions.com/pictures.htm why do i not scroll...
it scrolls on my machine here at home but any where else it does not..
jeff
Replied 01 Apr 2006 08:21:02
01 Apr 2006 08:21:02 Marja Ribbers-de Vroed replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
ok,, how about scroller genie... at www.pshog.desertwebsolutions.com/pictures.htm why do i not scroll...
it scrolls on my machine here at home but any where else it does not..
jeff
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Please post Scroller Genie questions in the Scroller Genie forums at www.dmxzone.com/forum/default.asp?NewsId=4952.

Anyway, here's a quote from your page:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript" src="file:///D|/oldhogtest1/ScriptLibrary/ScrollerGenie.js"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;</font id=code></pre id=code>
Your page is not looking for the Scroller Genie scripts on the server, but instead it is looking for them on your local machine.

--
Marja de Vroed
www.clubwebware.nl
www.prikhetop.nl
www.flevooware.nl/dreamweaver/
Replied 01 Apr 2006 15:49:31
01 Apr 2006 15:49:31 Jeff Judice replied:
i knew you were going to say that.. i have a hard time finding the right forum...
thanks again..
jeff

Reply to this topic