All of us that dedicated ourselves to designing web pages, at one time or another we have been asking ourselves this question, should I use percentages or pixels to define the width of the tables in my site? What is better?
File upload on a RaQ running MySQL/Chilisoft is relatively simple but has practical limitations that have been overcome on MS platforms using Pure ASP Upload. The key issue is that the CHili ASP engine on the RaQ will only allow a single file to be uploaded at a time and the VBScript used on the upload page prohibits the use of any other Response or Request handlers.
The method describes here allows a user to upload a chosen file to a folder location on the RaQ server. Ideally the file name should be changed from the browsed fileName to something shorter. It can then be accessed using a database call from the MySQL database whenever it needs to be displayed.
Using Dreamweaver's standard insert, update, and delete server behaviours you can't modify records in multiple database tables using input from a single form. This article shows how to use the Command behaviour which enables you to do this. This is essential if you need to modify records in separate database tables and maintain relationships between them.
OLE DB not only offers a performance benefit over ODBC connections (DSN) but also has some increased functionality. This article shows how to set up an OLE DB connection to a SQL Server database.
The ActivEdit extension is bundled with the trial version of ActivEdit 3.0. This Dreamweaver MX server behavior enables you to easily embed the ActivEdit editor into an HTML form. It is also compatible with Dreamweaver's standard server behaviors, including Insert Record and Update Record.
- Intuitive, Microsoft Word-style content management
- Edit documents in Normal or HTML mode
- Browse and insert images
- Preview and upload images
- Java applet offers Netscape 6+ and Mozilla support
- Apply CSS styles using a drop-down menu
- Full-featured image, table, and font inspectors
- Optional spell-checking module (ActivSpell)
- Optional scanner module (ActivScan)
- And much more...
- Trial version of ActivEdit 3.0
- Easily customize ActivEdit's toolbars
- Automatically detects any attached stylesheets
- Easily add and remove CSS classes
- Automatically copies required files/folders into your Dreamweaver site
- Work with the ActivEdit interface in Design view
- Thorough ActivEdit documentation and tutorial